Houzz Logo Print
taraak

tile placement in bathroom?

taraak
hace 10 años
Im laying out our 6x8ftn bathroom and came up with a design.. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions or ideas. How do you like the current layout I put together ( drawing is not to size)
We are using very large carrera white/gray rectangle tile, then small rectangle tile and a couple of square pieces. (please ignore the tile in the pictures).

Comentarios (16)

• hayleydaniels
    hace 10 años
    I agree about not complicating it, but if it's what you want, go for it.
  • PRO
    Tidewater Pro Build
    hace 10 años
    Definitely agree that it will look too "busy" with that layout. Either choose the brick lay with the large tiles (cheaper) or the ornate border lay. Just make sure you choose tile that has all the accompanying bullnose and different sizes. Absolutely do not choose a tile larger than 2in for the shower base, it must be able to slope toward the drain. Also do not use a schluter shower, you will rip out your tile within 4 years.
    taraak agradeció a Tidewater Pro Build
  • taraak
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Ok :) so the design is too much! I agree.. Ill make one side (or maybe both sides of the shower white big tile.. and the nook will be small tile. For the main walking area.. Im still not sure what to do. I like the idea of keeping a boarder with small tile (maybe this would just be a base boarder areound the whole walking area.. I have put together 5 options.. I would like to use the big tile.. but it looks like the square(diamond would work best) let me know all of your thoughts. Thanks for the help!
  • Lori
    hace 10 años
    love option 1 - upper left!
    taraak agradeció a Lori
  • User
    hace 10 años
    I like the last one. It seems to have the least grout lines, which will make a huge difference in keeping the bathroom looking new. Just take a look at Tennisanyone's recent grout revival with baking soda on a different thread.
    taraak agradeció a User
  • lefty47
    hace 10 años
    HI -- Number 1 is good and number 4 for a modern style .
    taraak agradeció a lefty47
  • felixgrantham
    hace 10 años
    I like #2 or #1, in that order. Keep your grout lines as small as possible for a happier life.
    taraak agradeció a felixgrantham
  • Kim Weatherford
    hace 10 años
    Keep it simple, my opinion. It's a small space this will make it look too small
  • idnash
    hace 10 años
    cut off shower corner,diamond pattern tile, consider corner sink for more spacious feel.looks tight between shower and sink corners
    taraak agradeció a idnash
  • taraak
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Thanks for all the info everyone. Although I would really like to go with option 4. The cleanup is better with the large tile and I like the large tile look.. Im just really scared that if I try this option where the tile is lined up instead of staggered.. I will end up with a too structured look.. like in this link
    Modern Allure · Más información
    I dont like how the floor looks in this bathroom. I do love modern but feel this is just too much. Ill keep everyone posted with the final product! Thinking option 1 might be the safest bet.
    Thanks again!
  • PRO
    Lori Dennis, ASID, LEED AP
    hace 10 años
    Option 1 looks good.
    taraak agradeció a Lori Dennis, ASID, LEED AP
  • dclostboy
    hace 10 años
    Can you stagger the long tiles lengthwise from the door towards the sink and maintain the border?
  • dclostboy
    hace 10 años
    Another option is to use the accent tile for "stripes" with lengthwise checkerboard. I did on the floor and up the wall in this instance.
    taraak agradeció a dclostboy
  • PRO
    Design Hintz Interior Design
    hace 10 años
    I feel like the border is going to make the room look smaller. I would stagger the large bricks. Are you adding a bench to the shower? I didn't see a note regarding that.
    taraak agradeció a Design Hintz Interior Design
  • taraak
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    ok! I think I landed on the final design.. even though I love the thought of a boarder... I agree with a lot of you that it is still to busy.. sooo Im scrapping the idea.. I will diamond the floor, small tile in shower with small tile on one shower wall and base of shower... on all other walls i will use the large rectangle tile (hope to post pics in the next couple of weeks.
    Thanks everyone for all your opinions!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.