Houzz Logo Print
belkestuff

Desperate Need of Cabinet Colors and Layout

el último año
última modificación:el último año

Total kitchen redo. Kitchen is not big. House is a 70's tri-level. Kitchen, eating area, 1/2 BA, LR, and laundry are on this floor. Somewhat visually open to LR and laundry through larger openings. Visually open to upstairs and lower level family room through openness and iron railings. Locked into honey/copper oak floor as that is what has been put in the connecting living, stairwells up and down, landing, and bedrooms as we have redone each. We purchased enough 10 years ago for the entire house, and I want the consistency. House styling and decor is very transitional. Minimal design without being contemporary. Appliances are ordered. Stainless. 30" cooktop with microwave above, 30" Double wall oven, dishwasher, and counter depth 3 door/french fridge.

Always thought I would have a soft white kitchen when we remodeled as that was what we had previously painted the old cabinets and house trim. I have changed my mind due to fact that it is harder to maintain pristine and everyone is doing white kitchens...and spouse wants wood.

Cabinet material and colors: I don't want matchy-matchy with floors and I don't want strong grain to be visually jarring/fighting with the standard straight cut oak floor. I really do not want dark cabinets due to limited indirect natural light on the North side of house. We will have to be smart with the electrical/lights. I am thinking I would like a very light but many naturals seem to be more brownish. I like the lightness of natural maple, but I do not like that maple can look blotchy and go yellow. Have been thinking of white oak natural but am concerned with straight cut fighting floor, and quartersawn inconsistency, and possibly rift sawn. I don't want it all golden but not cool which looks pink. Something neutral. Will upload pic of floor and some samples.

Design: We have gone to a couple of kitchen designers but rather than being creative and suggesting alternative ideas, they basically put their lines into what I think I want. Is this layout functional? I like to cook so I need good walk patterns, prep and landing space. Can I expand the window to 48" and still make it look good with sink more left? I was thinking rather than turning corner with uppers on stove side, going straight to window wall with no turn. It is a smaller kitchen so I need to be wise with layout and function.

Any advice, opinions, and thoughts on ALL fronts desperately needed and appreciated!

Comentarios (2)

• PRO
    el último año

FYI All these samples can be bleached. We are doing a project with walnut and the customer wants the wood to be as light as possible.

• PRO
    el último año

belkestuff agradeció a Trico Painting
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.