Houzz Logo Print
ann_marie_bryan

Can’t decide on vanity draws or cupboards.

hace 3 años

what are people’s preferences to vanity cabinets? I like functionality, and looks.

all draws?

cupboards?

combination?

Comentarios (12)

• hace 3 años

Drawers so you can reach things at the back. I'm trying to think if there's anything which is tall enough or heavy enough so a cupboard would be preferable.

• hace 3 años

yes. Good point.

• hace 3 años

I agree with oklouise, make a list of what you store or you might want to store which you now keep in say the the laundry or hallway cupboards.

In our bathroom the drawers are useful for many things but too shallow for shampoo bottles, though that's due to their size not the fact that they are drawers as such. The cupboard holds items like shampoo bottles but things tend to be forgotten out of sight at the back. There is no wall cabinet and I would definitely like to have that.

• hace 3 años

I’ve just been moving things into my view vanity with drawers. Having to lay things like spare shampoo and suntan cream bottles down. Would prefer a cabinet, but shaving cabinet already full of the everyday items. I might need to adjust height of shelves in my 1 m tall shaving cabinet to fit the bottles on top shelf. Then remember where I put them

• hace 3 años

Drawers are my preference. Tall pull drawers. Not long drawers.

• PRO
    hace 3 años

Curious to know how many different products people have in their bathroom. Have seen american homes and they have 10 different types of shampoos and conditioners and 10 soaps. Is it a mood thing on why people buy different products or is it a see and buy thing.

• hace 3 años

You must be male. When you go to the hairdresser (insert other grooming places) they wash and spend an hour or so taming your hair into Submission. Then you get to feel this lovely soft hair and they convince you to buy their overpriced shampoo. You gleefully bring it home and try it out, surprised when you don’t get the same result from you 10minute hair dry as they did after an hour or so. Toss the shampoo in the cupboard, maybe after another try or two and go back to old favourite. Repeat the process a time or two as we are slow learners or suckers or maybe just in need of pampering, you fill in the gaps. Don’t believe me, let’s try the moisturiser, you are walking through the department store after being at work or out with kids all day. The hand cream salesperson sees you as their next Mark. Come try this they lure. You are in need of pampering and yes your hands feel dry, don’t they every afternoon! They lather you up and gee it feels awesome. The little massage they slip in with it gets you hooked. Another product same outcome. You’ve spent good money so don’t want to ditch it. Then there are the friends and family. They see these products in your bathroom and see you enjoy the finer things and happily store it away as future present knowledge. And on it goes, pick a body part...

• PRO
    hace 3 años

Nope definitely female, I cringe at going to hairdressers as I have thick curly hair, most hairdressers cant manage my hair so I don't buy any extras from them. I do have a weakness for bath bombs though but i tend to use those up pretty fast. I'm not a minimalist its just you have 10 seconds to sell me something or I'm out. My family uses the my presence is your present routine. I'm a hoarder around the rest of my home though, books, games, home decore, I just always have a use for the items. I haven't kept up to date with beauty products and don't understand how one product can fix all these things and is suitable for 1 out of only 3 skin types.

• PRO
    hace 3 años

All drawer, wall hung vanity, only option.

How long ago did you check the back of the bottom shelf of a vanity ?

• hace 3 años

Hi, I would would have one cupboard on one side & 2 draws on other if vanity it big enough.

You would need cupboard for storage of shampoos, deodorants maybe you could also use cupboard for additional storage for rolled towels. Lyn

• hace 3 años

Lyn, a couple of posts up show the pull out vanity drawer which has plenty of room for the height of shampoos etc.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.