Houzz Logo Print
laura_bedford

Can you help with our kitchen design and layout please?

Laura Bedford
hace 4 años

This is the floor plan for our new house which is being built at the moment. We've had a design for but we feel like it’s not really wow enough. We want a modern look and something that will make an impact, but we are unsure of how to do this with it still looking modern but not too basic. Any ideas for layout or design would be greatly appreciated. The main reason the island is facing the bifold doors is because it is open fields behind the house.

Comentarios (7)

• arc3d
    hace 4 años

Hi Laura,

I agree with Philip the tall units either side feel disjointed.

Why not bring the pantry door forward and match the pantry door with the cabinets so it looks like a a row of tall cabinets?

Also what purpose does that window next to the bi-fold doors serve? It's above the height of the cabinets but doesn't have any cabinets under it? I would either get rid of it and put some shallow cabinets there e.g. coffee station or I would increase the size of the window and turn it into a window seat.

something like this?

• PRO
    Klass Kitchens
    hace 4 años

Great ideas

• PRO
    OnePlan
    hace 4 años

It’s a good sized space ... lots and lots of options would be possible ... there’s a few ideas on on pro page ( including window seats and hidden access doors to pantry etc ) click on my name or icon to go and have a look if you like .

• PRO
    Guy Taylor Associates
    hace 4 años

Laura

There lots of functions/ amenities on the plan which is great. Before making a proposal we would think about each part individually and ask how it needs to work for you, the way you want to live and how the spaces can benefit your experience. We note that you have already highlighted your desire to see outside from the island. Other questions might be-

1. Do you watch TV? If so, do you see the Sun Room as a TV area or the Open Plan area?
    2. Would the seating area in the Open Plan benefit from full height views of the Garden?
    3. Would you eat at the Island? If so, would you like to see outside when eating?

There is often a lot of questions but, this helps assess and balance the needs for all areas which would then help inform the ideal layout.

• kwg kwg
    hace 4 años

How exciting for you and your new and huge house!

Something like this springs to mind wth regards to the pantry

https://www.houzz.co.uk/hznb/photos/kitchen-with-hidden-doors-and-bi-fold-doors-modern-kitchen-kent-phvw-vp~155495310

Some very good points above especially thinking about how you will use each space.

I love the pantry section, however what else will you be putting in there apart from food? Where will your fridge and freezer go?

Agree that the ovens should go on the other bank of tall cabinets on other side of door just so that you can put something down quickly without having to turn around and place in on the island.

I think you have to imagine yourself using the kitchen to see the layout works for you.

• Laura Bedford
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

That idea is exactly what we’ve decided to go for to make the whole kitchen look uniform with an exciting feature to get to the pantry! We’ve looked into pivot sliding doors so we can have the access to the pantry open without intruding into the kitchen.

We’ve put a tall integrated fridge in the kitchen and have planned to put a tall integrated freezer in the pantry which we think will work best for us. It’s a lot more storage than we have ever had before so we’re not actually too sure what else will be put in the pantry, it’s more than double the storage we have in our current house.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.