Houzz Logo Print
aisha_ahmedkhan

Counter stools for the kitchen can’t decide

Aisha Ahmed Khan
hace 6 años
We are trying to decide on counter stools for our kitchen. We have 2 little kids and want to design it well but want to keep practicality in mind. I found these 2 counter stools from front gate I really like the first one which is the Kent stool can’t seem to decide between the Kent and soma stool. I have attached a picture of our kitchen below. Please ignore the flooring we have hardwood flooring now

Comentarios (8)

• Aisha Ahmed Khan
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Thanks yes I am afraid I’ll have to go with the soma because I do have two little kids who like to paint and eat pasta. Sometimes at the same time.....lol
  • PRO
    Pearl Remodeling
    hace 6 años

Hi! The Darby stools are stunning! However, like Aisha mentioned, you have to keep the kids in mind! The Soma appears it would be much easier to clean.

• PRO
    Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
    hace 6 años

I like the design of the Soma stools but the color seems too creamy and warm for what you have in your kitchen.

• marcjennyd
    hace 6 años

Soma finish seems too creamy (pretty stool, however!) & I would not have a fabric seat with little kiddos! (especially linen) It'll be stained within 6 months. What about wrought iron legs to tie in with your gray island & a wood seat that would be a snap to clean with kids? Also, less $:https://www.westelm.com/products/alden-bar-counter-stools-h1755/?pkey=e%7Caiden%7C1%7Cbest%7C0%7C1%7C24%7C%7C1&sku=8187507&group=1&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH

Your new kitchen is very pretty!

• PRO
    Niche Interiors
    hace 6 años

I'd suggest all wood for durability or leather for easy clean-up. See below for some inspiration images. Good luck!

• PRO
    Attaway Homes
    hace 6 años

I agree. With kids, who are notorious for being messy eaters (and some adults as well!!,) it would be best to go with wood or leather seating. Fabric would be very difficult to keep clean.

• Aisha Ahmed Khan
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Hi all thanks for your feedback since then I found some other options also. I wanted to get the charcoal fabric below but hubby is suggesting we go with the leather which is a “greige” color. A mix between grey and beige. Any suggestions? I’m not sure if the leather color will match our island which is a dove grey
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.