Houzz Logo Print
amy_heater

Recessed lighting or chandelier over table in kitchen?

Amy Heater
hace 6 años

We're remodeling our kitchen. Should we put recessed lighting only or a chandelier over the table?

Comentarios (9)

• Amy Heater
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

How do I add the buttons?

• Peter Roehrich
    hace 6 años
    What style are you using for the furniture and decor? Cans could leave the space feeling empty. For a contemporary look, try a drum pendant style chandelier line this one and don't forget a dimmer! https://www.westelm.com/m/products/short-drum-pendant-natural-linen-w506/?kwid=productads-adid^215320075621-device^m-plaid^295396197027-sku^3727349-adType^PLA&cm_cat=Google&sku=3727349&catalogId=71&cm_ite=[[PLA] - Good Mobile]&gclid=CjwKCAjw-NXPBRB4EiwAVNRLKuS1xCHQDfyWuDBgQi8bSnqrU0hxRTMRb-5_qQ1qppvVm9ioz7DmThoCtP8QAvD_BwE&cm_ven=PLA&cm_pla=Lighting > Pendants
  • PRO
    Niche Interiors
    hace 6 años

A light fixture over a kitchen table is a great way to add character to your home. It's one of our favorite design tools when working on a project. See below for some inspiration. Good luck!

• PRO
    Passionate Palette Staging & Design
    hace 6 años

I agree with all the comments above! The style and look that you want to achieve is a very important component to answering this question. I am a fan of unique and one of a kind lighting fixtures and chandeliers over the dining table/seating area in the kitchen. Hanging lights also do well over the kitchen island. However, recessed lighting also has its own benefits. If I had to vote, I would say Chandelier!

• Belahn
    hace 6 años

Chandeliers over tables. Whatever you do, don't do a ceiling fan over the table! That was in the last house I bought and all I could think was, what are they trying to do, cool down their food?!

• beautifulquebec
    hace 6 años

Chandelier

• Amy Heater
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Our kitchen is kind of a country looking kitchen with a brick fireplace & dark wood mantle.

• PRO
    Galilee Lighting
    hace 6 años

A chandelier adds a lot more than just light!

If you are looking for statement lighting, in Galilee lighting we make unique lighting made of hand blown glass in beautiful styles. We specialize in custom lighting.

We invite you to visit our website to view our unique lighting collections.

If you would like to receive our catalog by email and get more ideas, contact Sales@GalileeLighting.com or
    visit www.GalileeLighting.com

We offer free design consultation, to design the perfect size of chandelier for your space. Call us
    at 305-807-8711

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.