tomsarah08

Acoustics - reducing sound from neighbour's TV?

Sara
hace 6 años
última modificación:hace 6 años

Hi, really hope you can help us. The noise from next door is getting us down and we can't enjoy our living room to its fullest.

We live in a small, typical Victorian terrace house in England. The floorplan is attached, and a photo of a similar living room is also attached. Architecturally, our living room is a direct reflection of next door's. Where we have an alcove and the TV, they have an alcove and TV on the other side. We share a chimney at the roof, meaning each of us has a chimney breast and fireplace, back-to-back.

** My question is, if they were to move their TV from the alcove to attached to the wall of the chimney breast, will this reduce the sound?**

We think this is in their plans, and my partner thinks the cavity and thickness of the wall of the chimney breast will lessen the sound waves. But I'm worried that it being attached to the wall it will make it worse.

Yes, we have tried emailing really reasonably. It didn't work! They don't go out much and they watch a lot of TV, and it's getting to the point where we can hear almost to the dialogue of what they're watching. We did add sound block acoustic board (special drywall) but it hasn't really worked.

Thanks so much - I know this is a technical question.

Comentarios (2)

• Sara
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Lessen* not lesson! (Thanks AutoCorrect!)
  • PRO
    Duke of Design
    hace 6 años

Moving the TV may help but you will still hear it. You would require 2 boards on either side of the wall to achieve the desired reduction in noise. The only thing that would work would be acoustic panels or upholstered that will absorb the sound.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.