Houzz Logo Print
poorgirl

Help with end tables for living room

poorgirl
hace 7 años

Hi there, we are selling the house in 4 weeks time and I just cant live with my end tables any longer. Please , please let me know what you guys feel would bring some life into my living room.

I have decluttered right down to the pillows , didn't like them any more so please feel free to add some items that you feel would bring it from drab to fab. The sofa and chair are a mushroom colour. There is space for a dinning room which we never used so the living room looks pretty bare and all the same colour.

greatly appreciate your input!

Comentarios (13)

• PRO
    OnStage Inc.
    hace 7 años
    You need to add a size appropriate dining table so buyers can see how big of a table they can get in the space... your main key rooms to stage are the living /dining room and the master bedroom...
  • PRO
    M&M Interiors
    hace 7 años

I actually disagree with On Stage. Sorry. I think your current arrangement is perfect and moving the chairs to the window will not make the room look larger. I do agree you need an accent color. I do not know what other colors you have in rooms nearby but there are so many colors you can use to brighten up the space. I would buy a patterned rug and pull out one of the colors to use as a pillow color. Orange, navy, yellow, bright blue (cobalt, turquoise etc) or red would all work as accent colors. Pic one or two that work together. I can't comment on the end tables as I really can't see them well in the photos, but glass topped would be a good choice. Good luck!

• poorgirl
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thank you for your comments, if I move the chairs and small table then what do I put on that side. The art work above the sofa is centred with the cabinet which is centred on the wall.

I didn't turn any lights on, I don't know why it turned out so dark, the space isn't dark, its very light (believe it or not) I would like to add glass end tables but should they be round or square.

I was thinking about adding a dining room but

looking at the room, there is a good 12' from the edge of the carpet to the back wall that has the red pic on it. Also there is a light cap on the ceiling that will show them the centre.

In this market, houses are going in 5-10 hrs, ours is fully custom now so it's going to go quick, its completely ready move in. I would like to add some colour in accents but what is that colour.

• PRO
    M&M Interiors
    hace 7 años

You can do round or square end tables.

• poorgirl
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thanks you once again, i know that once I get rid of the monster end tables it will lighten up the space. Ive had square for so long that I think a change is in order, so Im going to look for round.

• carolinanana
    hace 7 años

Just my humble opinion... the coffee table is too large and takes up more space visually than one with glass might be. And if houses are selling that quickly, I would put in a couple colorful pillows and maybe a throw. I think you have done a great job keeping it simple. If you buy something make sure its what you want in your new space.

• PRO
    Pasquale Design Associates, Inc.
    hace 7 años

Hello, this space is very monotone and would benefit from some colors to freshen up the space to attract more buyers. An art piece above the sofa with some color, taking that color and getting some accent pillows, a tray for the coffee table, maybe colorful books for the table as well, and a few small accessories. Some accent color ideas for the mushroom - orange, turquoise, or navy. If you'd prefer to keep the space neutral, a greater contrast in color would work well, too. Right now, the shades of brown are all very close in tone. Adding some light ivory could help freshen the space as well.

• poorgirl
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Any one that walks into our house loves my living room so I have a hard time changing it . I really don't want to purchase much other then pillows, throw and end tables, We are going to be renting, we have purchased a piece of property and will be doing a new build in the future but until then renting so a lot of stuff is going to be going to storage and the cottage .

I do need colour for sure, and possibly a display on the coffee table, which yes it is big but it really works in the space, I'm pretty sure my pictures with my phone are not doing my room justice.

The room is 28' long so I don't think people are going to say its a small room, house is a bungalow so the kitchen is right beside it.

It has no colour in it either, since we have painted everything and didn't want to put holes in the walls.

• poorgirl
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Ok, I will start looking for some turquoise which is every where right now and see if that would lighten every thing up. I can't buy a new picture to go above the sofa, but I can maybe get new glass lamps, accents in the same colour and possibley a new rug with some colour in it. We have already put almost 10,000 into renos, new front door coming new windows, new electrical panel, almost every room has been gutted and redone. Now its these fine finishes that are killling me.

Ok I'm going to take all my samples with me and get shopping and see what I can come up with. What should I do about the drape on the sliding door.?

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 7 años

I think for the purposes of selling your home this space looks quite good. Just make sure you have all the lights in the house turned on when you show. Don't spend any more money on furnishings that might not be able to be used in the new home.

Don't bother with accents and accessories. Waste of money. Most of the homes out there show like disasters, yours in neat clean, well-organized and pulled together. Good luck.

• PRO
    Niche Interiors
    hace 7 años

Add some blue with accent pillows on the sofa and armchairs! Ideally, an ivory and blue pattern mixed with a solid ivory pillow. Good luck!

• poorgirl
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thought I would update this conversation.
    We sold the house in 4 days, we didn’t even have time to do a brochure. We had 1 open house and it was gone , the buyers came in and stayed for 1 hour and then came back 2 more times. She told me she new she was home when she walked through the front door.
    The people that bought the house still thank us for all the custom work in the house, they are still sending me pictures of how much their family loves the house .
    They ended up still keeping the kitchen table light that I fretted over so much. We removed the rug in the living room and took your suggestions on adding colour , teal and cream pillows, and accessories.
    I ended up with new lamps in the master bedroom that the buyer wanted to buy along with a few other items ,
    Once again the small details that were my big concern.

When we put the house up for sale , people were stopping me on the street telling me that they had to have a peak at the video that was on the listing it was the only house on the street that has ever been renovated to the extent we had done.
    I just wanted to thank everyone for your help because I surely couldn’t have done it without all of you.
    Thanks again!
    Now we are on to the next!
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.