Houzz Logo Print
crpohl

Kitchen/Addition Cost Estimate?

hace 8 años
última modificación:hace 8 años

We are wanting to add a 16'x13' addition to our house to move the kitchen and breakfast area out into that addition. This would make kitchen, living room and dining room bigger and more functional. What do you think a good estimated cost would be for this type of project? We'd use our same appliances in the new addition. Thank you.

Comentarios (13)

• hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

Thank you for your opinion and input on this. We are arranging appointments now for the contractors. We work full time, so it's been tough to get them to come at an agreeable date/time.

• hace 8 años

No idea about cost without knowing where -- as auntthelma said, you could spend a ton just on the inside parts, without building from scratch.

I also like the plan. Not sure you'll have use for all the extra dining room space, though, so I'd be tempted to add a coat closet somewhere to serve the front entrance.

Caroline Collins agradeció a acm
  • PRO
    hace 8 años

I like the proposal you attached. I would not speculate on cost site unseen. There are way too many variables to take under consideration. Been working in construction for 20 years. Take the time to bring in professionals to provide accurate cost estimate. Your finish choices on the interior and exterior will have an enormous affect on how much you invest in your home. I do believe you get what you pay for, having said that -- due diligence is most important and ensure you compare identical Scopes of Work when you take to tender. Hope that is helpful.

Caroline Collins agradeció a Misani Custom Kitchens
  • PRO
    hace 8 años

I just did this very similar to my home, it cost me $65,000 but we did a lot of work ourselves, added to the basement as well and didn't need any perimeter cabinets just a new island and bar area.

Caroline Collins agradeció a Astonia Stone Artisans
  • hace 8 años

That is great! Would love to see a picture of that.

• PRO
    hace 8 años

Before

• PRO
    hace 8 años

after

• PRO
    hace 8 años

I don't have any "finished" in the back yet as we are now landscaping.

• hace 8 años

Great job! Looks really well done! Thank you for sharing.

• PRO
    hace 7 años

There are online material and cost calculators to help plan your budget. Homewyse.com is one that takes into account your zip code and provides low to high range cost. The more specs on square footage and types of material you want, the more accurate the estimate.

• hace 7 años

I am in the design stage of a large custom home and need an independent cost estimate. My architect does not provide this service, so can anyone help me find an independent cost estimator in the Washington, DC area?

• hace 3 años

It’s 2021 , I would love to know where the cost ended up. I’m starting a similar project soon

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.