Houzz Logo Print
kristiontheroad

Landscape and hardscape ideas Please!

kristiontheroad
hace 8 años
Thanks for reading!!

So we are knocking down this ugly retaking wall, and we are going to grade down the area. We want to put stairs or stone stairs leading up to the front door stairs curving in from the driveway.

Any other suggestions for a welcoming entryway?

Comentarios (6)

• kristiontheroad
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    "Retaining Wall"
  • kristiontheroad
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Thank you! All of the plants under the window are coming out, we are starting with a blank slate.
  • PRO
    Contemporary Stonescapes
    hace 8 años

You might think of taking down the bushes, widen the walkway, make it more like a grand entrance. You might think of planting some perennial plants to add color. It is going to be beautiful!!!!

• L J
    hace 8 años
    Have you been living there for a while? Are you sure you are not going to effect the drainage on your property? I just always worry when you start removing retaining walls and large amounts of dirt that they were holding back water from coming into your house.
  • ocotillaks
    hace 8 años

I second Contemporary Stonescapes advice. Plus I want to add a couple other considerations, You want the walkway wide enough for a stretcher or gurney to get in and out. Does your house have a level entrance for someone who is mobility impaired to get in and out? If it were my house I would grade it into a ramp.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.