Houzz Logo Print
tegreene

Could you please tell me what material the fireplace is made from? Thank you!

WAN Interior Design Awards Residential · Más información

Comentarios (10)

• davemudge
    hace 12 años
    I am interested in pricing of the Omegafocus packsge and can one buy just the steel cover? ....... As for your question, if by "raw steel" you mean unfinished, that can not be. If the steel had no finish it would very soon rust espically with repeted heating and cooling.
  • PRO
    ally
    hace 12 años
    what is the omegafocus package? i have done a project with raw steel and we waxed it, it looked very similar.
  • davemudge
    hace 12 años
    I am a metal artist / blacksmith. A potential client contacted me to see if I would make a similar piece to hang on her existing fireplace. I ended up telling her no because I didn't want the liability and I don't want to copy someone elses work . here is the link to what she wanted:
    Contemporary Living Room · Más información
  • PRO
    imemine.com.au
    hace 12 años
    i think this is a rendered image rather than a photo but i would use polished plaster in this application
  • PRO
    ally
    hace 12 años
    Although you could create the look with polished plaster, that would not pass code around a fireplace.
  • bepsf
    hace 12 años
    ^^ Huh?
    Plaster isn't flammable...
  • PRO
    imemine.com.au
    hace 12 años
    yes we use it in australia for this application ( don't know if codes are different )
  • PRO
    ally
    hace 12 años
    Sorry....thought you mean't a venetian plaster polished over sheetrock.
  • PRO
    Astor Windows and Doors
    hace 9 años
    Great picture!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.