Houzz Logo Print
edubya

POLL: Sofa Arrangements

Emily H
hace 10 años
Which of these types of arrangements do you prefer? Do you like two matching sofas together, a matching sofa and love seat arrangement, or do you like a sofa and two chairs?

VOTE and tell us in the comments!

Comentarios (59)

• jenwiskow
    hace 10 años
    Single chairs with a loveseat. Right now I just have single chairs and it works fairly well.
    Emily H agradeció a jenwiskow
  • User
    hace 10 años
    I like the versatility of a sofa and two chairs, in terms of fabrics, style, and furniture arrangement. With the two chairs, you will always have the option of using one or both chairs in a different room at some point in the future. Plus, a loveseat, which is supposed to seat two, usually one person comfortably sits there unless there's a shortage of seating, then two can squeeze in.
    Emily H agradeció a User
  • no1buying
    hace 10 años
    With the use of a sofa & 2 chairs, the versatility of arrangement appeals to me; sometimes to be able to move the chairs about for TV viewing, or for more intimate conversation.
    Emily H agradeció a no1buying
  • PRO
    Monarch Sofas
    hace 10 años
    I really think a sofa facing sofa arrangement always looks very sleek and sophisticated but I've certainly never had the space. A sofa with a couple of chairs is the most versatile option for a variety of reasons including space and color while a sofa and love seat is very traditional but still very popular. A lot of my clients still want to do the sofa and love seat combo but are mixing things up by going with two different styles or adding nailheads to one to create some interest.
    Emily H agradeció a Monarch Sofas
  • PRO
    Thos. Baker
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    My preference would be a comfy sofa and soft, cushy, overstuffed chairs. I like my living space to be a place where I relax and others can also relax and feel at home. I can't imagine guests feeling comfortable all lined up in a row on two sofas facing one another. The configuration is beautiful and distinctive, but feels more suited to unused or formal rooms, such as those found in palatial mansions that grace the cover of a high end magazines.

Christi, on behalf of Thos. Baker
    Emily H agradeció a Thos. Baker
  • bspy
    hace 10 años
    I gotta go "L" shape and a single chair with ottoman. Directly facing furniture is too contrived and NOT relaxing.
    Emily H agradeció a bspy
  • PRO
    Creative Home Staging
    hace 10 años
    It depends on the layout of the room and where the features of the room are located.
    Emily H agradeció a Creative Home Staging
  • Christine W
    hace 10 años
    If you have a surfit of space then anything can be done. I like the 2 sofas facing each other. If it is a true family used room someone can be stretched out on on and the other can have some family members sitting curled up reading or all talking. Very informally a great together space. Or up the za-za factor for when entertaining.
    Emily H agradeció a Christine W
  • Amy Sue Weiland
    hace 10 años
    I like a sofa with 2 chairs on one side and a chaise or 2 ottomans on the other side with a coffee table in the middle.
    Emily H agradeció a Amy Sue Weiland
  • PRO
    Shuler Architecture
    hace 10 años
    My preference is for a L-shaped arrangement but it really depends on the room.
    Emily H agradeció a Shuler Architecture
  • PRO
    Cope Closet Concepts
    hace 10 años
    In a narrow room, two sofas facing each other works practically and visually. We have a rustic wooden box as a coffee table and when people come over, we just slide out to become the other leg of a square shape so people can sit on it within the sofa circle.
    Emily H agradeció a Cope Closet Concepts
  • PRO
    Studio M Interior Design
    hace 10 años
    I vote two chairs and a sofa facing each other. It's such a sophisticatedly chic look! :)
    Emily H agradeció a Studio M Interior Design
  • PRO
    Seven Stone Co.
    hace 10 años
    arrangement depends on the room,...shape, dimension and decorative
    Emily H agradeció a Seven Stone Co.
  • shenitagazaway
    hace 10 años
    I agree with Novin Trading. I like the sofa and two chairs but if the room is designed to accommodate to sofas I would chose that make up. The responses to this question is going to be based on personal preference instead of what would be right or appropriate.
    Emily H agradeció a shenitagazaway
  • Marilyn Wilkie
    hace 10 años
    Loveseat and separate chairs. I don't think people feel comfortable in the middle of a sofa with two people on either side.
    Emily H agradeció a Marilyn Wilkie
  • grobby
    hace 10 años
    Love seat and sofa. It's more comfortable for me because, I feel it gives me more personal space, not so much face to face with the person I'm talking with.
    Emily H agradeció a grobby
  • PRO
    Red Fox Design
    hace 10 años
    I vote for mixing the pieces. One Sofa, one Loveseat, and 2-3 Chairs--all different with consistent wood tones. Lots of texture with color pulling it together. Should show up as an example of space-planning that I submitted to Houzz
  • PRO
    MG Build Inc
    hace 10 años
    Definitely the two chairs and sofa. But make sure the colours/texture of the chairs are the same, and sofa is different.
  • intoit
    hace 10 años
    Each arrangement has advantages for particular spaces. No way to pick one unless we can see the space. I do think comfortable chairs are wonderful and generally guests gravitate to them. Most important is to make a conversation area comfortable and inviting.
  • Glenna Mae Miller
    hace 10 años
    mine has a curved piece in the center, seating eight comfortably, with two matching armless chairs, and one chrome rocker ... it's perfect !
  • Donna Flanery
    hace 10 años
    an "L" shaped sectional with one chair diagonal
  • beckynanabear
    hace 10 años
    This is my sofa choice (arriving at my home in a week) with an ottoman/coffee table along with a couple of slipper chairs make for a great conversation flow with friends and a glass of vino!
  • babzie933
    hace 10 años
    I voted for the L-shaped sofa and love seat, but I like them closer together so the people can sit near each other and be comfortable talking.
  • PRO
    Business_Name_Placeholder
    hace 10 años
    12 plastic chairs in a circle. Just kidding. I tend to like chairs facing sofa, but that's my least favorite looking room of the choices above- I like the sofa facing sofa there. So I guess, as others have said, it totally depends.
  • Ruth Felice
    hace 10 años
    it depends on the room and door/windows
  • curraghgirl
    hace 10 años
    This question makes no sense as they are three completely different spaces? Choosing furniture depends on the room. Cannot vote.
  • PRO
    Personal Touch Interiors
    hace 10 años
    My first preference is a sofa and two chairs, but it really does depend on the shape of the room and focal point etc.
  • swedekarla
    hace 10 años
    Sofa, love seat, and a couple chairs.
  • Ewelina Savas
    hace 10 años
    it's relative pending on the room size, shape,etc. but in any case I dislike L-corner arrangements; the very corner is a waste of space as it's practically unusable.
  • PRO
    Design Elements
    hace 10 años
    I like sofa and two chairs, but two sofas can look awesome also!
  • Melissa Mendenhall
    hace 10 años
    All 3 options are too formal for my taste. I prefer a sofa with a chair or two, one angled from a corner (usually a rocker), or a loveseat replacing the second chair.
  • Susan
    hace 10 años
    I feel that it depends on the room. I like all the arrangements above. In the photos I attached, this is what worked for us. As you can see my family room is decorated for holidays. Sorry, if it is distracting. The other is our living room/library area.
  • User
    hace 10 años
    Depends on the room size, set up and purpose.
  • Claudia Vargas
    hace 10 años
    Depends the size and form of the room
  • PRO
    Stamps Design Services
    hace 10 años
    I voted for the first room, because of all the windows (and the wonderful window seat)! It really depends on the rooms layout. I do not like the way the room with the sofa and two chairs was set up, with the sofa blocking the entry; had they been placed with the two chairs by the rooms entry, it would be a more functional space. The days of matching sofa and loveseat are over, better to use a sofa and chairs, which gives you more flexability in seating arrangements.
  • PRO
    Monarch Sofas
    hace 10 años
    i think it always depends of the purpose of the room. for a bonus room / home theater i would prefer something like this. xoxo eva
    MEDIA ROOM CUSTOM SECTIONAL SOFA · Más información
  • PRO
    Monarch Sofas
    hace 10 años
    for the living room i love the sofa & accent chair look :) xoxo eva
    CASSIE STYLE - TRADITIONAL ENGLISH ROLL ARM - CUSTOM SECTIONAL SOFA · Más información
  • hanna1984
    hace 10 años
    The L shape is cozier. :)
  • Pamela Langone
    hace 10 años
    I think B
  • Laurel Ennis
    hace 10 años
    A sofa is wasted seating. Only two people sit on them. No one ever sits in the middle. Love seats and chairs are more functional, especially if they are arranged so you can see each other when seated.
  • Susan
    hace 10 años
    Interesting comment about a sofa being wasted seating. When entertaining, I have had four adults or five children sitting on my sofa. Also, I think my husband appreciates using it at night to lounge on after a day at the office. It's okay for everyone to have different ideas of what works for them.
  • Michele P
    hace 10 años
    I prefer a more casual arrangement. A sofa, some chairs and/or barstools at a bar. I don't want my guests to feel so formal.
  • brendaspaeth
    hace 10 años
    Two sofas facing each other (or love seats if the room is smaller.) Fireplace on one end, two comfy chairs on the other. That's our set up and we love it.
  • Susan
    hace 10 años
    Michele, I totally agree. When we have football parties, there are people sitting at the counter stools, on the sofa, the settee, or leaning against pillows on the floor.
  • PRO
    Design One Interiors
    hace 10 años
    All the photos look great. I do feel that people enjoy having their own chair and will sit in chairs first before crowding into sofas.
  • Susan
    hace 10 años
    Interesting opinion, but not my experience. I had two wing backed chairs and a sofa in our previous home. The chairs were never used. In our present home, the chair and a half in our living room gets used all the time, but usually by two people. As I said, it depends on windows, doors, and the layout of the room what is going to work best. However, I have never had a problem of people avoiding our sofas and settees.
  • Johanne Gagn
    hace 10 años
    It really depends on the room.
  • armygirl1987
    hace 10 años
    I think that is question that makes no sense. Your room will dictate the set up of your room.
  • Lynnie
    hace 10 años
    The first picture looks the most inviting. Two different chairs interest me more than a matching love seat. However, any seating arrangement can be nice as long as it works for the individual householder.
  • Grace Jimenez
    hace 10 años
    One sofa and 4 chairs
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.