Houzz Logo Print
gkoch

new tv - old entertainment center

gkoch
hace 10 años
We just prchased a new tv but cannot decide on an media console to hold electronics and cd/dvd. Were thinking Bout using a buffet for more "heft" in the space

Comentarios (14)

• daylecooley
    hace 10 años
    Are you close to an ikea....we updated ours recently and it is clean modern and awesome
  • PRO
    Tuscan Iron Entries
    hace 10 años
    Costco has some great stuff that might suit your needs. Hopefully you have a Costco in your area.
  • sondramartina
    hace 10 años
    What style is rest of the room?
  • anniau
    hace 10 años
    Your room looks clean and modern with the window shutters. A purpose built media centre and wall mounted TV will be the best solution to hide all the messy cords and accommodate all the extra equipment. Adapting your current unit would be very difficult as TVs have changed shape. IKEA is a good starting point and has some adaptable and flexible system to customise for your space.
    gkoch agradeció a anniau
  • User
    hace 10 años
    Anyone else wondering about the content of the Tv screen?
  • sondramartina
    hace 10 años
    Oh the content is stupid and it should not be shown here.
  • anniau
    hace 10 años
    Hmmm.. What would Freud say?
  • PRO
    Digital Home LLC
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    my first question is, can the tv fit within the space of current cabinet? if so, you can get a bracket that can be hung on wall, but has the ability to pull forward, then Tv will be flush with current furniture. This information is only good if you want to keep your current furniture. the equipment can be hidden and controlled via a remote
    gkoch agradeció a Digital Home LLC
  • Brooke
    hace 10 años
    I would agree about the Ikea suggestion. They make a great floating entertainment unit (besta - see my photo how I used them in my condo). It would really clean up the space and it can fit with a range of styles (mine is fairly modern)

As for the TV content we're here to give advice on decor not to judge the poster's choice in movies. Keep your morals to yourself. I didn't even notice the screen until I read the comment and had to look again.
    gkoch agradeció a Brooke
  • daylecooley
    hace 10 años
    This is what I was taking about that we did from Ikea....still a work in progress, unsure about what I have sitting on shelving and unit but trying to minimize some.... 2 besta units under tv, doors slide open for storage on either end. then we partially framed with two lack shelves. Expedit units on side help make a break for a desk area on other side. Also, what is anyone's opinion on the stars, husband loves them, I am not so sure.
    gkoch agradeció a daylecooley
  • daylecooley
    hace 10 años
    ps, if you can, get those chords run down through the wall... I'm lucky my husband is an electrician!
    gkoch agradeció a daylecooley
  • User
    hace 10 años
    The stars are something different.
  • gkoch
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    More pix My apologies for what was on the last screenshot I didn't notice. Ive looked at some credenzas that I like will post soon
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.