Houzz Logo Print
edubya

Received New Decor Items as Gifts?

Emily H
hace 10 años
What are they? Share them with us and tell us your plans for incorporating them in your home!

(photos encouraged!)

Living Room Detail Christmas Presents · Más información

Comentarios (42)

• Emily H
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Lovely!
  • shakerjaebs
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    My brother gave me an antique syrup jug with a note in it that says it was over 100 years old in 1965. It's on my mantle.
    Emily H agradeció a shakerjaebs
  • maverickcowgirl
    hace 10 años
    Other than a small trinket box I haven't received any home decor stuff....kinda disappointed. However my mum gave me a voucher for this absolutely gorgeous shop that sells statues, garden pieces, wall art, pots and other stuff so when I get a chance I will be getting something cute for the verandah
    Emily H agradeció a maverickcowgirl
  • User
    hace 10 años
    Was the 100 year old syrup still in it?!
    Emily H agradeció a User
  • User
    hace 10 años
    That's good Maverick you can get what you want.
    Emily H agradeció a User
  • Snaggy
    hace 10 años
    I got 6 items of mercury glass : )
    Emily H agradeció a Snaggy
  • shakerjaebs
    hace 10 años
    Chookchook2 - no syrup in the jug - but an old, disintegrating note explaining the use and the date.
    Emily H agradeció a shakerjaebs
  • Mark
    hace 10 años
    I received a Chinoiserie black and gilt table that will sit in between two chairs at the foot of my bed. Santa was very good to me :) Happy New Year everyone !
    Emily H agradeció a Mark
  • tcufrog
    hace 10 años
    I received this flatware as Christmas gift from my husband. I can't wait to entertain with it. I also inherited some lovely Nativity scenes from around the world from my parents. They are very delicate so I can't decide whether to display them year round or just at Christmas.
    Emily H agradeció a tcufrog
  • Kim D
    hace 10 años
    luck for Mark I don't know his address, he might find me cuddled up in the bed...gorg!!!!
    Emily H agradeció a Kim D
  • User
    hace 10 años
    Hubby bent a few arms of some gardening friends who owed him and got me some fancy geranium seeds. I will be starting them probably tonight because I need at least 16 weeks to get them finished up to enough to plant out. :) Green and growing always goes with MY décor! (early disaster zone crossed with construction-heavy on the 2x4 and powertool motif)
    Emily H agradeció a User
  • User
    hace 10 años
    Not me, but my daughter received an unbelievable amount of vintage and new decor items, eg a silver and glass swan sugar bowl with a little spoon.
    Emily H agradeció a User
  • lucyhomedecor
    hace 10 años
    Christmas 2012 a friend gave me a great pillow with French writing. It did not go with anything I had. So I redid the blue guest room for the pillow. I shopped till I dropped. I got new bedding from Tuesday Morning, lamps from Ross (I had to go to 7 Ross stores to find a pair), valences, pillows & material for the chair cover on line. I had it completed by the end of January 2013.
    Emily H agradeció a lucyhomedecor
  • soozmacrae
    hace 10 años
    I don't get gifts for the home for Christmas, everyone knows how fussy I am! lol.
    Emily H agradeció a soozmacrae
  • armipeg
    hace 10 años
    My neighbor gave me a beautiful red glittery angel. I love sparkly, shiny, glittery decorations.
    Emily H agradeció a armipeg
  • PRO
    Studio M Interior Design
    hace 10 años
    Yep, and I'm not a huge fan of getting decor that I haven't personally selected. They make great re-gifts though! :)
    Emily H agradeció a Studio M Interior Design
  • witch06
    hace 10 años
    I asked for decor items as I'm remodelling the entire house... but I didn't get any [Sigh!] They all said that I'm the only one who can chose the decor ;)
    Emily H agradeció a witch06
  • marvinbartel
    hace 10 años
    We received a very cool looking and cool working self-programming thermostat. It comes with an iPhone app to check the house temp and change it from anyplace in the world. If you are on a trip, you can warm up or cool down the house before you get home.
    Emily H agradeció a marvinbartel
  • Emily H
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    @Marvin do you mean the Nest thermostat? I have one and LOVE it. :)
  • marvinbartel
    hace 10 años
    Yes, it is a Nest. So far it works great, and is also beautiful. I am actually keeping my old manual Honeywell--just in case. High tech is great when it works.
  • Laura Trowbridge
    hace 10 años
    Received a framed copy of the Travis letter, asking for help at the Alamo. I think it will be great with my framed Texas flags. Will send a picture soon. Have just put a contract on new home and can't wait to begin decorating. I love Houzz.
  • User
    hace 10 años
    Laura, I am so jealous! Please do post a pic! This Texas girl is eagerly awaiting! :)
  • User
    hace 10 años
    I got a cheapo decorative bowl that is actually quite cute! I'm going to get some pinecones, put them in that bowl and enjoy the heck out of it! Move over Murano! :)
  • PRO
    Marc Russell Interiors
    hace 10 años
    Yes, and they were all put in the re-gift pile!
  • Nancy S
    hace 10 años
    I got a dremmel...so that I can use it to gat the caulk off the wood!
  • stlouisgaltoo
    hace 10 años
    I rec'd a pair of black diamond earrings to decorate my ears. Love them! ;). Choosing home decor items to gift is not something I would tackle unless I knew that the recipient "collected" or specifically pointed it out as a want. Sounds like a lot of comment reflect collectors. Congrats on your gifts!
  • campbellbraves
    hace 10 años
    I received this lovely encaustic? painting of a view in Cades Cove, in Smoky Mountain park. It will hang in my "forever" home in Townsend TN. A local artist painted it so I am thrilled with my husbands choice.
  • shirleenprescott
    hace 10 años
    I received this nice piece of Shearwater Pottery. Not sure what to do with it, no drip holes for a plant. Inside or outside piece? Designed to be hung.
  • Emily
    hace 10 años
    My mom and husband went in on the orb chandelier from Ballard Designs I asked for. The previous owners had horrible "mod" taste in lighting and the light over our dining table was the last one to replace after four years. I adore it and now our space looks cohesive, not to mention the better light this puts off. I also got the Z Gallerie faux clam shell to go in our empty fireplace with some candles. I always ask for house items each year but the family knows they have to stick to the list and get the EXACT item :)
  • essen12
    hace 10 años
    1965 is not 100 years ago. Did you mean 1865?
  • shakerjaebs
    hace 10 años
    Essen were you talking to me? The note was written in 1965 and it stated that the jug was 100 years old when the note was written.
  • shakerjaebs
    hace 10 años
    So, the jug is actually about 149 years old.
  • Beryl Koster
    hace 10 años
    My granddaughter ALWAYS gives me a rooster this or a rooster that.....they are really cute! But I don't want to live in a chook house!! What can I do?
  • avemaria
    hace 10 años
    Hey Shirleenprescott, that yellow piece of pottery is a cicada, I think. These are traditionally hung up in kitchens or on the outside of homes in the South of France, as porte-bonheurs, good luck charms. Most of the ones I've seen are multicolored. Lovely piece. Enjoy!
  • Belle La Vue
    hace 10 años
    Berilyni....keep all your roosters in a small box in the closet and just before your granddaughter comes over place them all on a table. Return to storage after she leaves.
  • despinach
    hace 10 años
    My mother always gives me cute decor items for Christmas. This year I've got the red hand-made tree (with good luck charms) and the super-cute ceramic green shoe (on the right, top shelf). Love them both!
  • PRO
    Decorative Overlays
    hace 10 años
    Got this wonderful Ice chest! It is going to go next to the grill on my deck. They sell them here on Houzz in outdoor products
  • armipeg
    hace 10 años
    My next door neighbor took out the Christmas tree and all indoor/outdoor decorations today. They had left a big bag of lovely, used ornaments on our porch. Aww how sweet.
  • Beryl Koster
    hace 10 años
    Bonnie, I'd need two tables!! The principle is good. So I have put the earlier ones under the stair well telling her that I'm rotating them.....do you think she would accept that!
  • Belle La Vue
    hace 10 años
    @Beryl...That sounds good to me!
  • Rhodalynn
    hace 10 años
    I don't like when someone buys me decorative items for my home. Except for a few people who know me very well. Or if I specifically ask for it. Someone bought me an extremely loud colored cake plate. Makes every cake look very unappetizing. My house has very subtle colors. I hate to sound so particular but I am! My local thrift shop gets it all!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.