Houzz Logo Print
jan_smith7117

Choosing a wood stain for my floors

Jan Smith
hace 10 años
We are installing maple flooring throughout the house. I love the existing mahogany-red woodwork and doors we already have but I fear that trying to match the trim color would be too dark. What wood stain color on maple would look good with the trim without looking too modern?

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    Wood Floor Artisans
    hace 10 años
    Would you be opposed to mixing the maple with a stained red oak border? www.olympic.com for example deep mahogany or red mahogany would tie the border in with your existing trim and doors, but yet the maple could be kept its natural color to add a sense of light airiness to your space. An example of what I am talking about is on attached photo, except yours would be opposite...more light wood less dark.
    Jan Smith agradeció a Wood Floor Artisans
  • Carolina
    hace 10 años
    I would keep the maple as it is.

Pemberley - Estate · Más información
    Jan Smith agradeció a Carolina
  • Jan Smith
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Wood Floor Artisans, what a great idea. We, and by we of course I mean my poor long-suffering and talented husband, has laid the flooring to create a framework type border in each room similar to the picture you posted, so using a two stain colors would work well.
  • PRO
    Wood Floor Artisans
    hace 10 años
    @jan - adorable!!! My we is the same thing!! We have a wood flooring business and the male part of we does the labor while i do the other stuff!!! LOL. Your home is absolutely gorgeous!!!!
    Jan Smith agradeció a Wood Floor Artisans
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.