Houzz Logo Print
awiggins

Construction of new kitchen...all white. Need help.

awiggins
hace 10 años
Need help with back splash and lighting.
Our kitchen has been demolished and will be combined w/ small breakfast room to
make a medium sized kitchen. We have chosen white cabinets, white granite counter tops;
will have medium oak floors to match those already in house, white walls, trim. Stainless fridge, microwave and stove.
Details: There are two windows (paned :6 over 6) and 72" gliding doors (panes: 3 across, 5 down, each of two doors) which will open on to deck and woods, adding visuals.

Would like help with what sort of back splash to have. White subway tiles would be ok, but
wondering what else would work, in white? and what sort of hanging lights would work.
House is from 1927 and we are using the same molding around doors and for baseboard.
Want kitchen to look contemporary but classic. Will have small counter-height table w/ same granite top and like idea of grey and white large striped fabric on upholstered stools, as seen in some of the white kitchens on Houzz. Sorry to be so vague, and not to have photos...but kitchen is just a
demolition site now. Thanks in advance.

Comentarios (6)

• PRO
    McCabe By Design LLC
    hace 10 años
    Can you post the cabinet layout? As for lighting, have you considered combining under cabinet lighting with school house pendants such the ones in this photo?
    Can't Have too Many Cooks in this Kitchen · Más información
  • PRO
    McCabe By Design LLC
    hace 10 años
    As for the tile backsplash, consider the subway tile with a band of decorative glass tile and a contrasting grout as seen in this photo.

What a Difference 6" Can Make! · Más información
  • touchadream
    hace 10 años
    The schoolhouse pendants are great looking and sound like they would fit the house style well. I think white subway tile would be more than ok. Its got some texture that will be different from the rest of the whites, and won't compete with the other things you want to do, like the striped upholstery. I think its easy to get too much going in a kitchen visually, so calm backsplash makes sense. The eye is already bouncing around with appliances, faucets, knobs, different surfaces and textures, not to mention food. It sounds like this is going to be a beautiful kitchen. Please post pictures.
  • msp1tzer
    hace 10 años
    I LOVE the lighting selections from Barn Light Electric - http://www.barnlightelectric.com/. Bonus - they are manufactured in the US. I ordered my first sconce from them a couple of weeks ago, it is gorgeous!
    awiggins agradeció a msp1tzer
  • PRO
    Dunrite Contracting
    hace 10 años
    I agree with kitchens by llc. Bring in a glass backsplash . It will make the white kitchen look alive. To much white becomes boring fast.
    awiggins agradeció a Dunrite Contracting
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.