Houzz Logo Print
arley

I need help choosing a linear drain for a steam shower.

Arley
hace 10 años
I love the idea of a steam shower but it requires an extreme attention to detail. And the choices are overwhelming!

My GC sent me to Ferguson's to make my plumbing choices. I needed to pick out the drain quickly so he could plumb it in. They only had one manufacturer, "Infinity Drain". I went ahead and ordered the S-AG 38, but I have no idea if this is really the best quality drain I could have purchased. I still have time to change this, but everyday I delay, the whole project gets delayed!

Does anyone know if this is the best drain for the job? We are building a steam shower that is 6'X5'. The drain will be on the 6' side. I am wondering if there is a better manufacturer out there......

Also, I think I need to get the tile-inset frame, (the lower pic), the cost jumps $300 but it's a better look, sort-of. I don't mind the industrial look of the slotted drain, but my bath will be more on the traditional side, not really modern. So although I don't mind it, I don't think it goes with the flow....

Infinity Drain » Products - S-AG 38 · Más información

Infinity Drain » Products - S-TIF 65 · Más información

Comentarios (20)

• Arley
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Yes, thanks so much. I have seen his work here. I have read some of his ideabooks, and that's where I realized I really need to make sure the drain will work. I have a ? into John, I may contact him directly...
  • PRO
    WMS Decorative Resource
    hace 10 años
    Arley. I know that Infinity is a reputable company. There are only a handful of companies out there, and Infinity is one of the better known. I cant say for sure it's the best, but I know aa lot of showrooms do use their product. They all have different trim & installation benefits, but I think you are safe with your choice.
    Arley agradeció a WMS Decorative Resource
  • PRO
    SteamSaunaBath
    hace 10 años
    SteamSaunaBath offers a beautiful channel drain that might be a good option for you. It's a very high-quality, all stainless piece that is was designed specifically for a home steam shower. http://www.steamsaunabath.com/catalog/bathology-wet-443-channel-drain-bathology-p-301438.html
  • PRO
    World Contracting LLC
    hace 10 años
    i am curious as to how your project is going... any exciting updates?
  • PRO
    Martin Siwy
    hace 10 años
    If you decide to add steam system check out www.thermasol.com . You will get lifetime warranty on the system.
  • dclostboy
    hace 10 años
    I like my infinity drain...it's nearer to the bench, so you really don't see it.
  • dclostboy
    hace 10 años
    Also, that's a pretty big steam shower...Make sure appropriate sizing for generator and slant on the ceiling.
  • PRO
    World Contracting LLC
    hace 10 años
    speaking of Infinity drains, did you know Laticrete Hydro Ban shower drains are made by Infinity? It's not advertised information, but it's obvious and is not denied by them...
    what's the point?
    exactly this... If you like any of the style (and size) laticrete drains you can incorporate them into a Hydro Ban shower build along the guidelines of their lifetime warranty! I have probed and asked them what is covered in a lifetime warranty, and it is both materials and labor for both forensic findings and re-building of assembly should their product have failed!

great selling point
  • PRO
    WMS Decorative Resource
    hace 10 años
    very nice layout
  • PRO
    Focal Point Hardware
    hace 9 años
    Yes, Infinity Drain is a very good manufacturer. They make top quality products and they are sleek too. We offer them in our showroom and always hear good things about them.
  • PRO
    By Any Design Ltd.
    hace 9 años
    I don't care for the infinity drain and only sell the ACO shower drains. If you need help planning a shower drain featuring a linear shower drain visit my blog page at no-curb dot com.
  • PRO
    By Any Design Ltd.
    hace 9 años
    For a steam shower build make sure your setting materials allow for modified thin-sets. The Noble products called NobleSeal TS and NobleSeal CIS our my preferred recommendations for steam shower builds.

Perfect companions for an ACO shower drain install.
  • PRO
    Focal Point Hardware
    hace 9 años
    If Infinity Drain is not for you, Easy Drain is another top quality manufacturer that we carry and hear good things about.
  • caroline peters
    hace 9 años
    I purchased an Aco Quartz drain. I wanted the longer length. Nice variety of grates. Price comparable
  • PRO
    New England Design & Construction
    hace 9 años
    We have used the infinity drain on a number of projects, and it is great. Here is a great example:
  • PRO
    By Any Design Ltd.
    hace 9 años

That drain looks more like a Proline than Infinity drain.

• PRO
    New England Design & Construction
    hace 9 años

You are correct, thanks for catching that. The spec changed mid-project, and I got confused. We use both though, for purposes of clarity to the original question

• mathomson5
    hace 8 años

Recently installed the Schluter longitudinal drain, with a top matching the stone mosaic in the shower floor-- this takes a professional and attention to detail, especially because my shower floor tile is basketweave mosaic and needed to line up horizontally and vertically. I did not realize that this drain also has just one hole -- in the center --. But the longitudinal drain is a design element that my architect preferred, as do I, and it makes it easier to install a floor that drains in a larger shower -- I like it because I am not standing on a drain, while taking a shower, and the shower floor is tilted in only one direction at first, and the rest of the draining is accomplished by the drain. Better for aging in place. Especially with grab bars.

• PRO
    World Contracting LLC
    hace 8 años

This steamer (almost finished) took advantage of 2 Schluter Systems Line drains set in tandem.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.