Houzz Logo Print
paradistoou

These FLOORS ???? AMAZING.

Shona Christy
hace 10 años
I just asked about the wondows and then saw the FLOOR here? PLEASE, would you mind sharing WHERE you got the flooring material and prep in preparing for this look? STUNNING !! Will work so well with my reclaimed Walnut roughcut interior and give such a contrast with the differentials in the shading.. LOVE, LOVE. Thank you in advance., Shona Christy
Building with Reclaimed Wood, Stone and Tin · Más información

Comentarios (7)

• bubblyjock
    hace 10 años
    Those are indeed amazing floors! Did you tongue-and-groove the planks, or are they glued to the sub-floor, or....? Did you plane them, or leave the original rough-milled surface?
  • PRO
    Shenandoah Kitchen & Home
    hace 10 años
    The floors are tongue and groove and end matched with back relief. They are not glued but nailed. About 60% of the original texture is on the face of the flooring - thus the "hit or miss" texture.
  • bubblyjock
    hace 10 años
    Interesting - thank you! Not sure I'd have the patience to keep them clean (mucky farm, lots of dogs and cats and wellies), but they do look really nice.
  • Shona Christy
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    I too have dogs... Akitas= which are quite large( and a couple of others as well). they are all in the house.. Is this a soft wood or is it a mix of whatever they had to use for the barn? This would be amazing upstairs , as well as on my stairwell going up , as I do not allow my animals upstairs and have a concrete subfloor/slab downstairs.. Thank you and I will be contacting you for pricing sometime in the next 10 days.
  • PRO
    Shenandoah Kitchen & Home
    hace 10 años
    I will look forward to talking to you - these are a hardwood, a mixt ure of red and white oak.
    Shona Christy agradeció a Shenandoah Kitchen & Home
  • Shona Christy
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Even better Shenandoah. Thank you for your quick response. We are right in the midst of renovation. No flooring and all presently. May be a cool winter however, good things take time. Between the Akitas , Grandchildren, my Son and husband.. Exactly what we need. Thx so much for getting back to me. Regards, Shona Christy
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.