Houzz Logo Print
rustymic

Pergola, covered or open the 4 season patio

Michelle Huck
hace 10 años
Hi Houzzers :)
Big design dilemma and the house isn't even built. The city of Calgary needs us to specify if our patio will be covered, open or pergola or exact mix of those listed. We don't like maintance but love the look of pergola, it sits about 12 feet above the ground, faces south, gets really hot in the summer, we could add sunlights, want to have a firepit somewhere and an eating/BBQ area. Any thoughts? Tips, ideas? Desperate for help- need to decide by Thursday ps removed outdoor fireplace already... Just need to decide look of pillars too
Covered patio
Covered with sunlights
Eaves - no cover?
Pergola
Comments??

Comentarios (7)

• User
    hace 10 años
    Call it full covered and put in the require support for a full snow load. You can always decide to do less cover later. It is harder to add more.
  • kitasei
    hace 10 años
    If taxes are as much of a consideration there as in the nYC area, my question to them would be what the tax ramifications of each would be, and then make my decision with full knowledge of the ongoing cost!
  • Michelle Huck
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    No tax ramifications. Interesting comment though, didn't know that.
  • PRO
    Monarch Fine Landscapes & Interiors
    hace 10 años
    If you're looking to use the space for both shade and sun, you might want to consider something like the Equinox Louvered Roof or another similar product. You use a remote to open and close the louvers as needed. We've used it on a couple of projects with good results.
  • Michelle Huck
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Thanks for feedback. I am going to look into louvier system. We are gone in the summer when it is the hottest. Maybe I can hang some heaters under the pergola, I won't b able to leave furniture out though... Well atleast not uncovered. Maybe put a firepit between...
  • Michelle Huck
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    What would the cost of a 12x12 equinox cost ? Can they hold snow?
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.