Houzz Logo Print
houzzerpolls

POLL: Favorite room in your home?

Houzz Polls
hace 10 años
última modificación:hace 10 años
Do you have a favorite room in your home?

Vote and tell us why! To enter for a chance to win your very own pair of Houzz slippers, POST A COMMENT telling us why that room is your favorite and you will automatically be entered into the drawing!

*One entry per person, per drawing. Entries must be posted before 12:00am Pacific Time 9/25/13. One winner will be drawn at random.
Other - Tell us below!

Comentarios (194)

• Jessika V
    hace 10 años
    I love the kitchen heart of the home!
  • PRO
    Linda
    hace 10 años
    My dining room - it really is more like a family room since the table is folded up and sits in a corner and the major space is taken up with our two reading chairs. Problems arise when the kids come home from university since there are only two comfy chairs...last person in sits on the radiator cover or a footstool
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    hace 10 años
    My husband’s den is MY favorite room. His leather sectional, T V and all his memorabilia give him a place to go, just for him. Occasionally, I join him to watch a game or a Netflix series we are watching, but otherwise, that space is his.

BM Muslin on the walls, sisal on the floor, a chocolate brown sectional and a men’s wear plaid in rust red for fabric…means I still did the decorating : > ).
  • victoran
    hace 10 años
    Love my kitchen with all the light pouring in. And the view out the windows of the birds in the trees is marvelous. As others have said, it is where the whole family congregates, even on holidays when we do eat dinner in the dining room, we spend most of the time in the kitchen around the big farm table.
    Since the kitchen has more light than any other room in the house, it is where I love to read the paper, books, and houzz on my computer.
  • PRO
    Veronica Lawrence Interiors
    hace 10 años
    I spend a lot of time in the family room, it's comfortable and I can enjoy TV.
  • Khamete Virginia
    hace 10 años
    this is where my real me stands!can do anything here beginning with my wardrobe mirror,
  • home4two
    hace 10 años
    My bedroom, because no matter what's going on in the world or even other rooms in my home I can always retreat to my BEDROOM and find PEACE. AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • booski88
    hace 10 años
    I love my outdoor patio because as hard as i try, I can't beat God in the decorating area!
  • kcar66
    hace 10 años
    booski88--SO TRUE!!!
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    hace 10 años
    I love my garden seating area ! It's just so relaxing out there and with the Kadai firebowl going full blast it's quite cosy all year !
  • bookworm202
    hace 10 años
    I wish my kitchen looked like the one in this picture, but it's definitely my favorite room in my house. We love to have family over and celebrate good times, and there are so many great memories that we share in this house, especially in the kitchen!
  • bookworm202
    hace 10 años
    Also, I love to cook and bake. The kitchen is definitely the place where I spend most if my time!
  • Samantha E
    hace 10 años
    I feel so comfy and safe in my own room
  • gigi24
    hace 10 años
    My kitchen has wonderful windows where I can see our myriad of trees and watch birds, deer and turkeys. Our hearth area with rock fireplace and cedar mantle is great place for guests to sit at and still visit with me while I cook. my grandmother in law s cupboard looks beautiful with family dishes, books, and pictures. Our distressed white cabinets and walnut stained island just bring me joy every time I look at them-especially when I have little children sit at the island and color or do crafts or eat a snack. God has blessed me with a room I can't get enough of.
  • breezyfay
    hace 10 años
    I love my bedroom. It is all mine and a retreat from the world. Iy is clean, white, and calm with images of women from days gone by and a tall queen sized bed with a memory foam top that I just sink into at night.
  • Gloria Gao
    hace 10 años
    I love My own Bedroom ,beautiful and comfort and so large bed for sleeping ,with a curtain coverd my bed in winter, which will make me felt like a pincess ,how fantastic.
  • Victoria
    hace 10 años
    The image I use as my 'houzz avatar' is the view from my bedroom. I love to lay in bed, look out over the lake, and watch the world. The room is small (or maybe my furniture is too big) but it's my aerie and my haven.
  • Tiffany Locascio
    hace 10 años
    My favorite room is the kitchen/family room. That's where my family of 6 kids and my hubby are always spending family quality time. Because of our big family, we have to be in the kitchen. More room !!
  • Ashley Barron
    hace 10 años
    So very hard to decide but I went with family room since I really get to spend time with the family & relax. I'm usually very busy in the kitchen & probably spend the most time in the laundry.
  • Side3
    hace 10 años
    My newly remodeled Greatroom is the favorite room in my house, brand new kitchen and family room with fun touches of orange and persimmon make me smile every morning when I walk in there. I love my new granite and the fun touches like a lit up space under some drawers for the dogs dish and built in cubbies for dishes and a beverage center. My son and I like to hang out on the couch and I read to him in front of the fire, ok it hasn't been cold enough for a fire yet this year, but we're getting close!
  • Jeannie Nguyen
    hace 10 años
    CONGRATULATIONS to Heather Bertolami for winning her very own pair of Houzz slippers! If you missed out on this poll, we still have our September Checklist poll going on with a few days left to enter your comments!
    https://www.houzz.com/discussions/poll-your-september-checklist-dsvw-vd~657666
  • Jessika V
    hace 10 años
    The kitchen will always be the heart of the home :)
  • piggyniamh
    hace 10 años
    Would have to be my bedroom, my own (mostly) peaceful getaway
  • LB
    hace 9 años
    Bedroom, definitely. A great place to relax and stretch out.
  • raish
    hace 9 años
    my hose is so hectic when I walk outside and sit on the hammock with a book and a cold drink I'm away from the craziness MY PORCH IS BY FAR THE BEST AREA IN MY HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tbennett4
    hace 9 años
    My favorite room is definitely my sun room. It is a great place to sit in the morning and have coffee or in the evening and have a cocktail while watching the sunset. Ahhhhh......
  • tracistivers
    hace 9 años
    I enjoy time in our family room the most. It's very spacious so the kids can have toys scattered everywhere and hubby and I can still kick up our feet while watching tv.
  • Faye Dawkins
    hace 9 años

• Faye Dawkins
    hace 9 años

• Faye Dawkins
    hace 9 años

• Faye Dawkins
    hace 9 años

My home is where I lived when I was young..its 50+ years old..I luv it but it needs a lot of work on the ceiling..I am getting to it

• CC Cwiklinski
    hace 8 años

Every room is my favorite for different reasons and occasions.

• Doc Sennett
    hace 8 años
    I actually love every room in my house.
  • PRO
    Sound Painting Solutions, LLC
    hace 8 años

Living room.

• PRO
  • glendadw
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

Porch.

• marleymcgoo
    hace 8 años

My idea of a style of house is...let's see: 12' wide front porch. Tall windows in the front. A small foyer with an off to the one side a 1/2 bath, coat and hat rack to the other side of the door. Beyond the entryway you walk past an office, facing the front with a small stone fireplace, French doors to close the area off. The otherside a large room with the same kind of fireplace as the office. This room is welcoming, lazy, high ceilings, lots of light if you want or light of candle scones (dimable). You may take a break there or follow your nose to kitchen you can see beyond. With an open space the front room and kitchen become the best kinda family gathering room. Well, we are in the kitchen: not too high ceilings, not arched, not something other than 9-10'. hold on I will right back

• smc5
    hace 8 años

Bedroom is quiet & peaceful & laundry room since we fixed it up.

• PRO
    Lunada Consulting & Design, Inc.
    hace 7 años

Favorite place to relax.

• marolynrdorman
    hace 7 años

DINING ROOM - Full of memories of shared special holiday meals of family members now gone......

• PRO
    fabricport.com
    hace 7 años

Kitchens are the heart of the home! Definitely the most important room

• PRO
    Gerety Building and Restoration
    hace 7 años

I think most of my time gets spent in the family room, so that's my #1 pick.

• PRO
    Raegan Ford Interior Design
    hace 7 años

The kitchen for sure!

• Carol Rafferty
    hace 7 años

For me, it's my living room. It's big & airy enough to have guest over comfortably & my office is also in there. There is so much I can do with this room & it holds everything needed nicely. Kind of like my girl cave & I'm going to interior decorate it what I have imagined in my dreams.

• kandinsky9
    hace 7 años

Dining room, also used as a library with bookcases all around and cozy seating areas in the corners for reading

• Wendy
    hace 7 años
    In both my houses it's a tie between the family room and screened porch.
  • SueBee
    hace 6 años

I love all the rooms in my old house but one of my favorite's is an unused bedroom upstairs. It's huge but cozy. Has a queen size bed, two tall dressers, two night stands, two old fashioned wing chairs by the tv and my big antique desk where I do my scrapbooks. It's so relaxing and has great light from the two windows. Hardwood floor, old fashioned wallpaper and so much character! Every time I go upstairs I think "Oh how I love this old house!"

• kandinsky9
    hace 6 años

We love our living room and use it all the time, especially since there are usually toys all over the family room. The fireplace is wonderful in cool weather and we have a modern concrete top table that we use as a game table. I also set out apps on the table when entertaining. We also have ukuleles and an electric guitar in the room so often play music there. And I like to practice yoga and read in front of the fire. My husband and I will have drinks or read there too after the kids are in bed. It is always a place of relative calm and order.

• Carol Rafferty
    hace 6 años

My living room. I'm in it, almost every second of my waken hours, unless I'm cleaning elsewhere.

• Laura Clarke
    hace 5 años

Our family room is open to the kitchen and eating area. So since this is a multi-use space, this is where we spend the majority of our inside time.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.