Houzz Logo Print
lamby2660

Handheld shower head vs. fixed?

lamby2660
hace 10 años
We are doing a complete home remodel and I'm wondering if we should consider handheld shower heads. I've used one in my parents home but I haven't liked it; doesn't stay locked in the position I put it and my husband is tall and can't fit under it. My mother insists we will regret not having them. I'm open to considering it if, maybe after those issues are addressed, it will be something we are glad we installed?? Please advise! Thanks!

Comentarios (11)

• Nicole Lee
    hace 10 años
    I think it depends how high you install them as well. If you compare the two photos the first photo's shower head is at a height more suitable for someone tall.

Master Bath · Más información
    accessible, barrier free, aging-in-place, universal design bathroom remodel · Más información

You could also consider doing two different types of shower heads as seen in the last picture.

Custom Residence · Más información
  • Robin W
    hace 10 años
    I have a dual shower head. It's both. There's a fixed shower head and also a hand held piece on a slider bar. Solves the problem.
  • sdzebs
    hace 10 años
    Robin W. - who makes it and what model? This is the first one I've seen where the slider bar is attached to the showerhead.
  • PRO
    RCM Construction & Maintenance
    hace 10 años
    Here is a picture of a shower I did last year, there is a fixed shower head at 7 feet up and the hand held is on sliding bar for the kids, it hooks easily on the bar and can swing out of the way.
    The lower valve is temp control the upper is diverter valve so you can control which head you want to use also it could have had a 3rd head like an over head rain or body spray but clients didn't want a 3rd so I plumbed it for just 2. This model is Moen but they all make this set up to some degree
  • bschr
    hace 10 años
    I can't imagine not having a hand held, how does one rinse off the tiles after scrubbing them?
  • housegal200
    hace 10 años
    I have this all-in-one Delta showerhead. You can just lift the handheld showerhead from the middle of the fixed part of the showerheard. It's great.

http://www.simsupply.com/DELTA-FAUCET-5-Set-Combo-Shwrhead/dp/B009PH2PFC?CAWELAID=1303617573&catargetid=1631429506&cadevice=c&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CM7Fz4muzLoCFYqi4AodWFIAOQ
  • myownstyle13
    hace 10 años
    Can't live without a handheld... unfortunately at the moment I have to, since the rental only has a fixed one... but only about 3 more months to go... so happy to go back to handheld. Had that all my life...

@ bschr
    I have a bucket or a bowl in the shower to clean the tiles and cabin... it really is a nightmare!

And there are these great rainshower/handheld-combos out there... in Germany I would recommend Grohe, in Australia Methven...
  • gemmawillcox
    hace 9 años
    Can't get the grohe overhead shower valve to stay in position long enough for a decent shower. Am I doing something wrong
  • PRO
    Closet Experts
    hace 9 años
    Have fixed shower heads on opposite walls at different heights since I am 6'3" and the wife is 5'2". Each side also has three body sprays spaced for the user. The wall in between has two hand helds. If I were doing it again, the only difference would be just one hand held, but would definitely have a hand held. There are times only it is used to spot wash, or makes cleaning the shower easier to rinse.
  • Kay Addis
    hace 5 años

I highly recommend having a hand-held in addition to the fixed shower head. Through the years, I’ve found that I use the hand-held, fixed at the right height, more than the fixed shower head. And it makes cleaning the shower SO much easier. I’m renovating a bath now and have insisted on both. As an aside, I have requested NO rain-shower head. I found that I did not like the water dumping on my head and into my eyes, and I didn’t use it when I was not washing my hair.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.