penny_mei1

What type and colour of driveway?

el último mes

What type and colour of driveway would look best with our house?

Before we started the build, we intended to do grey block paving like this: Brett Paving-Manmade 'Beta Trio'-Silver Haze-BLOCK PAVING (pavingsuperstore.co.uk)

But now we can see the house in situ we're wondering whether resin might suit the style of house better. I've seen lots of examples of gravel drives with this style of house like in the pictures I've attached below, - we don't like loose gravel but we'd do that colour in resin.

Or perhaps block paving with more of a mix of colours like this: Marshalls Drivesett Tegula Block Paving | Pavingsuperstore.co.uk

Or any other suggestions?

We're going round in circles trying to decide so any advice will be very appreciated!!

Examples of gravel (but we'd do resin in similar colour):

Comentarios (6)

• PRO
    el último mes

If you go for resin I would go for a shade that contains the cream and terracota of roof tile. Something like these.

Warm Summer - Standard Colours - Resiscape

Regal Tweed - Special Blends - Resiscape

• el último mes

Resin, no question. Easier to maintain, no weeding and no jet washing like with block paving. I would look for a colour with a tiny bit of terracotta in it to pick up your roof colour.

• el último mes

My sister has a resin drive, not cheap but it looks fab and weeds don’t grow there as they would in block paving. Hers is a sort of creamy peach colour a bit like this. It also has a bouncy feel when you walk on it. I like it! Take care of who you use as there are a few dodgy landscapers out there following the trend.

• el último mes

We did our driveway last year and I initially wanted to do resin but my contractor was concerned about cracking as we park our cars there. It also cost 2.5 times more than the gravel and brick combination we went for in the end. As Sonia said, get an experienced contractor to do the work.

• hace 21 días

Thank you! - I’m leaning towards resin

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.