Houzz Logo Print
frenchreno

major disaster!!

frenchreno
hace 19 días

Our dishwasher broke down, which ended up needing to be changed. Husband felt this was the perfect opportunity to change the tap & paint the wall. However, a misplaced foot and one hell of a bang - & I discovered, luckily, the husband still alive but the tabletop in two! !
In the end the tap wasn’t changed and now we have 1/2 a table top!
So either looking for a temp solution or willing to change all tabletops but not sure with what. Not very keen on the white marble! The colour is a much darker petrol blue.

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    I F Rénovation
    hace 16 días

Hello,

I suggest that you replace the countertop, especially if you don't appreciate the former marble one. I think it would be sturdier if you move the dishwasher closer to the sink and the small cabinet (which is presently in between the sink and the dishwasher) to the left of the dishwasher, Your new counter will be more solid. The cabinets are Dark petrol blue?

Your photos are relative close-ups, a larger view would be more helpful if you wish some suggestions, a budget, as well.

There is a big difference in price from the low end to the high end choices.

good luck,

Lynn

• frenchreno
    Autor original
    hace 15 días

Lynn, thanks yes a good idea except that it is one piece - cabinet and sink! Itwould have made life easier to have the dishwasher next to the sink. Especially to connect to the water pipes etc.
    I’ll take a pic and post here.
    I think we will replace the 3 counter tops with …. And leave one counter top with the marble for pastry etc. I’ll send pics shortly. Thxs

• frenchreno
    Autor original
    hace 15 días

Julie - tout à fait - 😀

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.