Houzz Logo Print
eddy_mollison

help with a couple kitchen remodeling items needed

Eddy Sillonmo
hace 2 meses

I’ve been working on renovating a 1920’s duplex and am on my second kitchen. Please note I had zero experience coming in and apart from electrical, plumbing, and counter installation, this has been all DIY, including developing the kitchen design myself.

With that in mind: when designing the sink/stove side of my kitchen, I decided to leave an open space that I eventually intend to fill with shelves above my sink. Additionally, I put a soffit in above my cabinets (which will eventually have crown molding) because I hate open spaces sitting above cabinets. I had the big brain idea to leave the entire space above my sink open - I.e., there is no soffit at all. I’m starting to wonder (before I tile) if connecting the soffit on each sidebd would have been beneficial aesthetically (it really has no functional purpose at the moment). I’ll try to get better pictures later on, but see below.

Comentario (1)

• Eddy Sillonmo
    Autor original
    hace 2 meses

Apologies: here's the second item - I am having a hard time with the Houzz app for some reason (once I began adding photos it was hard to further edit my post). Anyways, item #2: does anyone have any lighting ideas for this room? The easy solution is adding recessed lights (this kitchen is on the second floor and adding lights from above shouldn't be too hard with access from attic). I thought about adding maybe 3 or so pendant lights through the middle of the room (at short lengths) could be cool, but not sure how that would look/feel (Kohler Lighting 22653-PE01-BNL Artifacts 5" Wide Mini | Build.com) I think these would give off a strong amount of light (I have used similar lights from the same Kohler line in other rooms) but may seem odd in the space/not perform as well as recessed lights as far as illumination goes. I am going for somewhat of a traditional look, that has some craftsman/occasional Victorian vibes in my home. Any ideas welcome - thanks.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.