Houzz Logo Print
alie_parr

Materials to use on bathroom window sill and shelf

Alie
hace 3 meses

We've almost finished the renovation of our bathroom, and our installer isn't being very helpful. We said from the beginning we wanted a particular quartz on the window sill (by the bath) and shelf (above the sink as a stud wall). He didn't flag this would be an issue.

Now he's saying they can't match the one I want (despite choosing from his supplier) as there isn't an offcut in that style and we'd have to buy a £1200 slab. He's also now saying this isn't a normal material to use. I've asked what IS normal but he isn't replying. We need to choose something ASAP and I'm not settling for the off-white that he suggests when we want white to match the tiles...

What other materials could we be looking at to find high end/hard wearing shelves?

Thanks!

This shelf, above the pink...

And this windowsill - sorry, photo from a video!

Comentarios (5)

• Isla Cherry
    hace 3 meses

I would try to get offcut pieces of quartz if possible. If it is not then white marble or granite or if your installer is an excellent cutter then you could get very large porcelain tiles 1200x900 and cut them to suit. Not sure of your dimesions though. I did this for a bathroom windowsill and it looked great. Forget "not normal" some people have to be trailblazers...

• Catherine
    hace 3 meses

We’ve used a ‘Strata Solid Surface Worktop’ in our bathroom before for a shelf top & windowsill. Think there are various composite materials identified as either kitchen or bathroom ‘solid surface worktops’ that would be suitable - and I’m sure there are always lots of quartz offcuts but maybe not exactly the type you want.

• PRO
    RELM Interiors Ltd
    hace 3 meses

You can use white high gloss 20mm acrylic that can be ordered to size

• PRO
    RELM Interiors Ltd
    hace 3 meses

Let’s say from the link below or any other supplier. Just an idea.

https://www.sheetplastics.co.uk/?infinity=ict2~net~gaw~cmp~~ag~~ar~527603241283~kw~20mm acrylic sheet~mt~e&gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAADqozJVJPBJhge2wmux8lz75qYNZw&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsO6BipP5gwMVCpVQBh2H8wrsEAAYAiAAEgJ5xPD_BwE

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.