Houzz Logo Print
webuser_421976151

Best engineered hardwood for kids and dogs?

Annie Robinson
hace 8 meses
última modificación:hace 8 meses

Hi everyone - we are mid-renovation and looking for recommendations for hardwood or engineered wood that would be super durable for toddlers and dogs. We were going to just do a Malibu Wide Plank but I’m seeing some negative reviews now. Any thoughts? thanks!

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    The Ebury Collection Lifestyle Interiors
    hace 8 meses

Hi Annie - where have you seen the negative reviews? Malibu Wide Plank is a great flooring option for households with kids and pets because the planks are durable and resistant to scratches and stains, making them easy to clean and maintain etc, plus, engineered hardwood can also be refinished if it gets damaged. But if you really want to reconsider let me know which country you're in and I'll send you a useful link to view other engineered wood options etc. Good luck.

• Annie Robinson
    Autor original
    hace 8 meses

Thank you for this! I appreciate your thoughts on Malibu Wide Plank. I just read some negative reviews on Home Depot website about the color they chose. Do you like Dunes or Delano better? Thank you!

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 7 meses

A review about color is in no way about durability. My firs question how big is the dog. We have 2 huge dogs on 145Lbs a wood floor would have been dempolished long ago with them.We have alaminate from Germany looks like slate . Not on scartch in 16 yrs a couple of differenr dogs in thta time. I am honest to say I do not always get nails trimmed as often as I should .

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.