Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_6015793

Suggestions on new countertops

User
hace 9 meses
última modificación:hace 9 meses

We got a new quartz kitchen island countertop last year and love it. We also have recently got all new appliances (GE Cafe matte white); also had our maple cabinets painted and have a new sink, faucet and new hardware on the cabinets and we are very happy with all.

Now we are wanting to get new countertops for the rest of kitchen and want something different from the island. The countetops in rest of kitchen are laminate and we want quartz like the island but as I said not the same but compimentary and not something that will overpower the island color or other colors in the space. The island is a dark gray and has a lot of sparkles in it.

When the new island countertop came the counters in rest of kitchen, which were a putty type color ,now look pink as you will see in this photo. They are also older and worn and we want to replace them but have been having a hard time coming up with something that we like that does not clash with island or overwhelm it . Any suggestions on quartz countertop colors that would work will be helpful. Thanks so much PS the photo has some things and colors on the counter that are not always there. This was taken in Feb around Valentine's day and it is decorated a bit for that : ) Usually do have something on the island as far as a runner and some decoration but not necessarily what is pictured. Thanks again.

!!

Comentarios (14)

• susan49417
    hace 9 meses

It appears that you have 2 different colors of painted cabinets???? If so, then the same counter top for all cabinets. You would not do 2 different color cabinets and 2 different counter tops.

• la_la Girl
    hace 9 meses

Something simple would be a nice soft white in Corian -

• aliciaflorrick
    hace 9 meses

I agree with Susan. There is a lot going on visually. I would repeat the same countertop as the island and simplify the backsplash. Suggest removing the tiles behind the cooktop and having a very plain continuous backsplash. The eye needs a place to rest. Less is more.

• PRO
    McBowery
    hace 9 meses

Definitely keep the countertop the same to bring the whole kitchen together. Lots of luck!

Sarah
    mcbowery.com

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 9 meses

Too much already in the space so all the same counter is what you need .IMO you spent a huge amount of money on a very dated kitchen so don't add anything other than the same counter now.

• RM
    hace 9 meses
    Última modificación: hace 9 meses

Agree with same countertop for all. we actually have a section of our cabinets that is a different color and we like it Have seen it in HOUZZ photos also. I like the colors. We also got the GE CAFE line and are pleased with them although they took a long time to come!! As far as above comment that in their opinion you " spent a huge amount on a very dated kitchen" that is IMO uncalled for. It's your kitchen, your home and only matters what you like . What one person considers dated is not what another might think and it matters most what you like, not what current trends are. And for someone to say you spent too much on your space is rude. Good luck in your search!!

• decorpatti
    hace 9 meses

I agree that to make your kitchen look cohesive, you should do the perimeter counters in the same material that you used for the island. Especially since you love your island counter, why introduce another pattern/color?

On another note, a traditional style kitchen does not need to look like it was just installed in 2023, with all the latest trends...a kitchen is a workspace; if it is functional and pleasing, then ignore the whole "dated" conversation. Kitchens are not like clothes that you can change every day, if that is your choice; who has the desire or budget to change everything to meet this week's trends in backsplashes, counters, etc? Your layout looks functional, and your kitchen is warm and inviting, with touches of your personality.

• RedRyder
    hace 9 meses

I agree with the others - try to find the same stone for the rest of the room. You already have two cabinet colors, so one countertop color is better.

There seems to be square tiles behind the stove and something else as the rest of the backsplash. I’m not sure what your budget is, but doing the same tile all around will enhance the other great features.

• petula67
    hace 9 meses

I love your kitchen. It looks happy and inviting. Agree on using same countertop material.

• ptreckel
    hace 9 meses

Will you be changing your backsplash, too, when you change your counter tops? I would go with the same brand of material that you have on your island but I would do it in a white that looks good with your painted cabinets. With sparkles, too, if you like them! In this way, while the materials will be different in color, they will be the same in type, if that makes sense. Consider a new backsplash, simply because your current one might be damaged in the process of removing your perimeter counter.

• chloebud
    hace 9 meses

Agree with same counters and same tile for the backsplash.

• RedRyder
    hace 9 meses

I’m not trying to spend your money, but there are ceramic tiles that mimic the beadboard you have on the back of the island. They would look great as your backsplash if you want to make a change,

• Marie
    hace 9 meses

The same gray countertop and new backsplash tile would look very nice. I like @RedRyder suggestion of beadboard or beadboard tile backsplash

• acm
    hace 9 meses

I can't quite tell what the color of your lighter cabinets is -- they look taupe on the island, white to the left of your photo, and ivory elsewhere, but i presume that reflects variations in the natural light.

I do think it's unusual to have a section of differently colored cabinetry on continuous with others, but don't let that constrain your other choices. More of the dark countertop would probably make the room feel dark. Perhaps you can get either a white/off-white, to relate to the cabinetry, or something that's white but with a bit of a gray veining, so that it connects to the other top while not trying to be the same. Then you could use a pale gray tile as a backsplash, tying the two sections together a bit, or a white if preferred.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.