harika_myneni

looking for ideas to decorate living room

el último año

Hi All,

We recently moved to a new home. Looking for ideas how to decorate our living room. I dont want to add any rug.

Comentarios (17)

• PRO
    el último año

WHY no rug?

Draw and measure the space . With windows, openings dimensions all. Feet and inches. Add inspo pics of rooms you love.

Know that a room with no rug is cold, will be noisier, feels un anchored, makes furniture appear quite disjointed.......

• el último año

I also don't understand the reluctance to add a rug. Noise is going to echo in a large, high ceilinged room without one. But given that constraint, the next thing to add is end tables, lamps and a coffee table. Except in this case I would suggest an ottoman to bring in some color and pattern if you're not going to have a rug. Add one large piece or several smaller pieces of art to the wall behind the sofa. If you post a floor plan with dimensions you will get better advice. You may get suggestions for a different arrangement of the furniture. A couple more pictures from different points of view would also be helpful. Are you going to have a TV in this room?

• PRO
    el último año

Is that vinyl plank flooring? No matter what flooring it is you will need solar shades on those windows or the floor will be ruined in no time I need to see the whole space and a to scale floor plan is always a good idea. You post that here in a comment tyou also answer and ask questions in this post , do not start another post/ I agree soft materils help temper noise and even more so in a space with a very high ceiling.

• PRO
    el último año

Even though rugs are a nice accent to living rooms, I always think a nice coffee table makes the room look friendlier. You could place it in the middle of the room and add a vase with flowers to make it look livelier. The walls could also use something, maybe a painting or some other sort of decor.

• PRO
    el último año

Post more images of the room so our responses can be informed.

• PRO
    el último año

So far all we know is that you have a two-storey great room. Examples below.

• el último año

In addition to a picture of the whole room/dimensions, it would help to know your style, color preference, how room will be used (tv?), if this is the layout you want. You only mentioned no rug, but in order to help the more info you provide the better. In regards to decorating, accessorizing and furniture, there are so many choices style wise.

• el último año

If you aren't doing a rug, then invest in art.

• el último año
    Última modificación: el último año

Pillows, throw, art.

This is a nice throw you could drape on recliner sofa. https://www.wayfair.com/decor-pillows/pdp/allmodern-jason-wu-sunset-black-throw-w009213240.html?piid=

• el último año

I dont want to put rug because rug attracts more dirt and have 3 year old who
    Likes making a mess

• el último año

If you use any coffee table, for sure use an ottoman style, since you have a child. .

This is the one I used in visual, above. It is also available in other colors, and from other vendors, so you can shop around.

Camber Modern Large Cocktail Tufted Square Ottoman with Metal Frame · Más información

Studio Designs Home Camber Modern Leather Cocktail Ottoman in Caramel Brown · Más información

Camber Modern Large Cocktail Tufted Square Ottoman with Metal Frame · Más información

• el último año

My living room

• PRO
    el último año

Some option to go with long drapes, coffee table, lamps and side tables

• PRO
    el último año

• PRO
    el último año

I like your sofas color, very soft and nice.

• el último año

Thanks Celery. What app do you use

• el último año

Congratulations on your new home! Decorating a living room can be a fun and exciting project. Here are some ideas for how you can decorate your living room without a rug:

Add some greenery: Adding plants can bring a touch of nature to your living room. You can place plants on shelves or on a plant stand to add color and texture to the space.

Hang some art: Adding artwork to your walls can help create a focal point and add personality to your living room. You can choose pieces that complement your existing color scheme or go for something bold and eye-catching.

Use throw pillows: Adding throw pillows to your sofa or chairs can be an easy way to add color and texture to your living room. You can mix and match patterns and colors to create a unique look.

Add some texture with blankets: If you don't want to add a rug, you can still add some texture to your living room with cozy blankets. Drape them over the back of your sofa or chairs for a cozy look.

Play with lighting: Lighting can make a big difference in the ambiance of your living room. You can add a floor lamp or table lamps to create a warm and inviting atmosphere

Create a gallery wall: A gallery wall can be a great way to showcase your favorite photos or artwork. You can mix and match frames for a unique look.

Use decorative baskets: Baskets can be a stylish way to store extra blankets or magazines in your living room. Choose ones that complement your existing decor.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.