Houzz Logo Print
historymom3

hardware and lighting finish

historymom3
el último año

Updating a kitchen in a rental home to sell it. Kitchen counters will be a white quartz and the cabinets will be painted white. Trying to decide on hardware and lighting finish. Husband won’t do gold. It looks like brushed nickel is coming back as more than just a contractor grade look or am I mistaken? I had one designer suggest chrome, but I’m concerned that look will be too cool. The floors are unfortunately staying a beige tile. Any suggestions? Should I go with brushed nickel, satin nickel and stainless steel faucet, or chrome?

Comentarios (7)

• HU-187528210
    el último año

Agreed. Looks like a well kept kitchen. Let the butter deal with it

• thinkdesignlive
    el último año

Doing white counters and cabinets will only highlight the beige floors. If you are selling I’d leave it alone and strip away everything as others have mentioned.

• duli
    el último año

I agree with the previous posts. Let the new owners update the look to their preferences. Put the remodeling money towards a professional stager and put it on the market.

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    el último año

If you paint the cabinets white and use white quartz counter tops, you will be faced with another dilemma of the beige floors clashing with the white. You'll remove any contrast and organic texture (i.e., wood) and it's not going to look good at all. And you'll spend money that you'll never get back.

The biggest problem with this kitchen is the "stuff" all over. Remove everything from the counter tops and above the cabinets, including the plants. Then put back only the most important items: coffee maker, toaster, paper towel holder. You'll be amazed at how much nicer it will show.

As mentioned in previous posts, the new owners may want to totally change the layout, materials, etc., anyway, so unless you are going to really gut renovate the kitchen, de-cluttering and staging will serve you better.

• Kendrah
    el último año

Do not spend your money painting the cabinets and redoing the counters. Instead price your home accordingly. An accurate listing price will sell your house faster and with fewer price reductions than any amount to money your put in to piecemeal kitchen changes. In fact, the changes might look worse for reasons others have pointed out.

That said, I would obviously declutter everything. And And, I would consider a new lighting fixture for over the island. It is the first thing my eye goes to in the pick of your kitchen and something more up to date and hung lower will help a lot. Can you show what the fixture over the sink looks like?

• PRO
    ballonSTUDIO interiors & remodeling
    hace 11 meses

You might consider just leaving the kitchen as is and letting the buyer redo it however they want to. If you do end up redoing the kitchen though, here are some ideas for you from a few of our designs:

San Francisco Victorian · Más información

St. Helena Sanctuary · Más información

Filbert Street · Más información

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.