monicarina

How do I fix the tile seams?

Monica B
el último año

I should have planned for a better stacking pattern for this peel and stick stone tile. But I didn't, so now I'm stuck hating the obvious line down the middle. Any suggestions on how to fix this without having the remove/break the tiles? Thanks.

Comentarios (10)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    el último año

Post pics in a comment here and you will be advised peel and stick are not ideal in any kitchen or bathroom.

• Monica B
    Autor original
    el último año

Ah sorry, thought the photo was attached to the post. Here it

• Monica B
    Autor original
    el último año

@User can you please elaborate what you mean by "doesn't work design wise"?

• Sammie J
    el último año

There really is no way to fix this, as the design is in the way the stone is placed on the product. You have to figure out how to alter the seams and the way you place the squares before placed. I would redo. BUT - where is the stone placed? You might want to rethink the product. It looks like it could get dusty/dirty easily, and catch on clothing because it sticks out from the counter.

Monica B agradeció a Sammie J
  • PRO
    Best Home Improvement VA LLC
    el último año

You can"t apply tile grout on this type of tile. You can try gently applying in the tile seams - the tile calk color" Charcol"

Monica B agradeció a Best Home Improvement VA LLC
  • kandrewspa
    el último año

What is behind it? What are you covering up? Why did you choose a stone look here? Can you post a picture from further back? Commenters may have suggestions for an alternative solution that will look better.

• shirlpp
    el último año

It's a do-over!

Monica B agradeció a shirlpp
  • M Miller
    el último año

I am sorry, but it doesn't look good, and I am not talking about the "line down the middle". The uneven planes of it, the dark color, the way it doesn't belong in that space there, the whole idea of stacked tile there. So, it is a do-over. What is behind it? What were you trying to cover? If we know that, perhaps we can suggest alternatives.

• Monica B
    Autor original
    el último año

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll be starting all over!

• shirlpp
    el último año

Cool! Maybe post more pics to get help on other materials that you will consider.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.