Houzz Logo Print
dorky0421

Bed in between bookshelves

Deb G
hace 10 años
I have a bedroom 10x10 I am planning to put 1 bookcase shelf on the left and right side of the bed...remove the lamp and replace it with something else..but still don't know...please see photo of my idea...

Comentarios (18)

• PRO
    Angelina Vick
    hace 10 años
    Will you got with that same color scheme?

Will you keep your headboard? If you go with something that dark...a lighter colorful piece of art could work in the middle. Or a very ornate mirror.
  • Deb G
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    I have a small bookcase which is on the side of the room. I have a double bed in that room.i am looking to maximize space that I have.id like to keep the dark tufted headboard.:-)
  • Deb G
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    The door is fine...it wouldn't swing to the bed...it's our guest bedroom..I'm just trying to maximize it so I have a place for my books and upgrade it a little..
  • Deb G
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Do you have any idea for the bookshelves?i cannot afford custom ones which is like in the photo....is there something you could help me find in ikea?Im on a tight budget.thanks in advance.
  • Sigrid
    hace 10 años
    If your budget is IKEA, but you want built-ins, you can put some crown molding around the Ikea bookshelves and they'll look built-in. You don't wan the sides of that bed
    Deb G agradeció a Sigrid
  • Deb G
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Can you tell me which particular product in ikea I can use?thanks sigrid.:-)
  • Deb G
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Oops my apologies....no i don't have friends who are knowledgeable about tools..:-(
  • User
    hace 10 años
    I am thinking you will not be able to get that nice finished look along the top without something custom, but with all deference to custom cabinetry I am a fan of the Ikea expedit cube storage. It comes in a few different sizes and you may be able to fit either a one-square width or two-squares on either side of the bed depending on how much space you are working with.
  • User
    hace 10 años
    Here's an example using the expedit that you could make look more adult and polished with your other choices.
    I know your headboard is dark - it comes in different colors and finishes depending on what you want.
    Contemporary Kids · Más información
    Deb G agradeció a User
  • Deb G
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    How about this?ikea pax wardrobe with overlays.
  • PRO
    Angelina Vick
    hace 10 años
    That looks very nice.
    Deb G agradeció a Angelina Vick
  • PRO
    Essentia Interior Design
    hace 10 años
    That looks great! Love the colour as well!
  • PRO
    User
    hace 10 años
    Beautiful idea, loving all of these reference photos!
  • Deb G
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Since i only have small space do you think a single pax wardrobe will be fine?
  • Deb G
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    And will use overlay on the wardrobe closet like the one in the photo..
  • User
    hace 10 años
    I am embarrassed to have even suggested the expedit! Yours is so much better!
    Deb G agradeció a User
  • PRO
    Jayne Bunce Design
    hace 10 años
    Make sure you have a place for a guest to place a glass of water or phone or alarm. And on both sides of the bed for 2 people. The floor works but...
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.