Houzz Logo Print
islaeden

Need help with awkward shaped lounge room

hace 10 años
I want a soft cosy lounge room Do I use 2 separate areas or bring couches in closer to get that warm feeling.the area is a sunken room with steps down in centre of room . I intend putting wall units either side of wood burner putting tv on one side I have just painted room USA chalk half strength with Ocra feature wall behind heater and intended open wall unit

Comentarios (6)

• hace 10 años
    Thx all areas r now painted timber included. Terra cotta tiles that I can't change. Need new covers for couches/ new rug/ coffee tables/ French look wall unit or shelves to house tv etc( to soften room)
  • hace 10 años
    Bring your sofas in closer until the front legs sit on the rug. Recommendation is usually 6" onto rug but you will have to discern what's best. I like your javanese teak coffee table!
    islaeden agradeció a Chem K
  • hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    What is opposite the couch? A chair?

I would love to see the couch FACING those beautiful windows! Move the coffee table closer to the couch so the coffee table works and so it is not smack in front if the heater. Then a chair or two in front of the windows where the couch is now. That would open the windows up, which I would love for you. Choose which side to put the tv for your seating. Lower the art over the built in. It is too high now, but looks like very nice pieces for your room. Maybe take down the art next to the window behind the couch right now.
    islaeden agradeció a abbyjean
  • hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    Once you pull in your sofa, you will find more walkaround space behind it making the spaceLR much roomier.
    Can I suggest you replace the white pedestal vase in the window corner with a tall luxurious palm like this? It also balances out the plant you have in the opposite corner of the room
    6.5-Foot Areca Palm in Square Metal Planter · Más información
    islaeden agradeció a Chem K
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    This looks like a cool room. It also looks very versatile, in that you could go several directions with it. The first thing I'd invest in is in remodeling the wall with the shelves and stove. Better quality built-ins or even free standing units that look like built ins. Not sure what you're budget is. At the very least, take the shelves out and paint.
    islaeden agradeció a Shiree Hanson Segerstrom
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.