Houzz Logo Print
marin_cvitanovic

Big guestroom wall dilemma (also, should I keep this mirror?) :)

Marin Cvitanovic
hace 2 años

Hi all, I just bought a flat and then covid started, so I used my what was supposed to be a guest room as a home office. I don't like working from home - it's my private space! - so I decorated the wall with my work desk as differently as possible as what I would normally have at home. I can work from my real office now, so I can re-decorate and re-imagine my guest room differently (finally!). But I basically have no clue what to do wit this wall!

1. It is slanted, which I am not an expert in + has a door

2. The place for my desk will be the same (but the desk will be smaller and nicer)

What to do with the wall? Should I keep this mirror and decorate around it? I am completely lost and any help would be appreciated. The only wall you can't see (the one the picture is taken from) has a bed, an art-deco inspired dresser and is also slanted. The wall on the right is also slanted, no windows and completely empty and white.

My colour pattern in the flat is white (most of it) with grey-blues (30%) and yellow and red accents.

Many thanks!

Comentarios (10)

• Sonia
    hace 2 años

I agree to paint over the red either in the grey or the white. The grey looks quite a calming shade so nice if it is going to be a guest bedroom.

• PRO
    Fiona Cochran
    hace 2 años

With spaces like that it's quite fun to find a colour you like, not too bold and paint all the walls and ceiling the same colour.

The mirror to me feels a little out of place there, so perhaps I woud find it a new home and put some larger art work up on that wall.

• PRO
    Wallsauce
    hace 2 años

How exciting! Perhaps something bright but contemporary like this marble mural. It could tie in with your current white and grey/blue vibes :)

• Marin Cvitanovic
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Thanks for the comments! @Daisy England, there will be a desk there, just a nicer and a smaller one. @Fiona Cochran, I am not sure if I am brave enough to paint the entire room the same colour :D but will give it some thought. The mirror does sound more than just a little out of place, I just like it for some strange reason, but it doesn't fit anywhere! I should take this as a hint. @Wallsauce this looks really interesting, but I am not sure how it would look on a wall where there are bog-standard white doors as well.

• Wumi
    hace 2 años

Personally I’d paint all one colour but in deep blue or a deep pink/red. A tall plant beside the desk (yukka, iron plant, rubber plant) and artwork /prints across the wall to play off the slant.

some example colours from LICK paints.

LICK Red 01

LICK Blue 06

Marin Cvitanovic agradeció a Wumi
  • PRO
    Fiona Cochran
    hace 2 años

Thank you for your reply, I don't think you have to be brave to paint the entire room one colour if it's a subtle colour. If you are going with a strong colour then that's a different story and I don't get the feeling that you would want a bold colour throughout. Is there really not another home for the mirror? If not and you love the mirror then perhaps find it a friend? I just feel it is a little lost on its own

Marin Cvitanovic agradeció a Fiona Cochran
  • PRO
    Wallsauce
    hace 2 años

Marin Cvitanovic I understand :) You can actually preview any design in your room on our website. I have tried it with your photo but it's a bit too dark to get the best effect. Happy to help if you'd like to have a play around :)

• PRO
    The Glass Warehouse
    hace 2 años

Perhaps the mirror is slightly out of place. A larger or even obscure frameless mirror could be a simple solution or perhaps some wall art

• C Wilson
    hace 2 años

I think the desk needs to be centered or there needs to be something else next to it. I agree the mirror is lovely but needs to be on a smaller wall. A nice big mirror would brighten the space up. Something warming as a colour such as Calamine would be lovely, not dominant and not out of place with the white and grey elsewhere. I agree it would look fab over the ceiling as well.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.