Houzz Logo Print
renata_silva62

kitchen cabinet hight(2.1) for house with 2.7 celling

Renata Silva
hace 2 años

Hello :) Builders said our kitchen cabinet hight will be 2.1 (standard) if we want higher (will cost more like everything else 😫 was just wondering if it would funny as we have 2.7 celling and above cabinet it will be bulkhead . Thanh you

Comentarios (15)

• Renata Silva
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Thank you 😊 bigreader appreciate your replay 🤩

• Kate
    hace 2 años

Or just a trim and leave top open. It really depends on look and what you want to pay for. A small footprint can look smaller all boxed in.

• dreamer
    hace 2 años

The HEIGHT of your cabinets to 2.1m would be the most efficient. Cabinets any higher are not practical , as they are not reachable safely. Install the bulkhead above cabinets. Or you could also leave that area open. Depends on the aesthetics that you are after.

• dreamer
    hace 2 años

** Height ** Ceiling

• dreamer
    hace 2 años

More slimline with bulkhead

• PRO
    Foshan Yubang Cabinets
    hace 2 años

it depends on your kitchen style, mostly the standard high cabinets work well. if custom made high cabinets is within your budget, go ahead with higher one. you know, bulk head also cost your money.

• PRO
    Compass Kitchens
    hace 2 años

Hi Renata, from a Kitchen designers perspective it is not just about access or reach. Foshan Yubang is correct and it all depends on the style of your kitchen and the end look that you are after. Door and window heights in most basic spec homes are a standard 2100mm high and the old thinking was to pick up this 2100mm room line with your tall kitchen cabinets but things have changed.

If you are building a modern / contemporary home with 2700mm high ceilings and using large tall glass windows and tall sliding glass doors then a modern style 2100mm high kitchen will look quite squat, even with a standard style bulkhead. Modern Style Kitchen trends also tend to have single line overheads (not stepped) sitting above 700mm high splashbacks and so with 2100mm high cabinets this makes the overheads only around 480mm high and again making the kitchen look squat compared to going all the way up to the ceiling and finishing with a shadow mould and having larger overheads or even just going up to 2400mm high which you then have around 780mm high overheads that again makes your kitchen look better balanced in a tall room.

A good example of this is actually Dreamers image above where this kitchen is modern in style, has around 700mm high splashbacks around 2400mm high tall cabinetry (not 2100mm) with around 750mm - 780mm high overheads and a stepped out bulkhead that is around 200mm high (not 600mm high) and square set to the ceiling.

It all depends on the style of your kitchen and how you want it to look, perhaps start looking at lots of kitchen photos to pin down how you want your kitchen to look and then decide from there. I would suggest though that if you are lucky enough to have the extra height, then to use it.

Hope this helps, Malcolm

• dreamer
    hace 2 años

I rummaged and found the plans for our kitchen. I did not want cupboards to ceiling or a bulkhead. I have attached the plans and a photo of the kitchen taken just now. Just as another perspective 😀

• dreamer
    hace 2 años

Sorry, forgot to mentioned, ceiling is 2700mm

• Renata Silva
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

You kitchen looks gorgeous dreamer :) thank u 🙏 Compass kitchen Thank you so so so much , makes total sense :) I’m going to ask for the cost to have my cabinets raised to 2.4 (they are actually 2.25 atm and not 2.1 I was mistaken ) hopefully it won’t cost too much . Thank you once again

• dreamer
    hace 2 años

Hi Renata, you have said you are going to raise cabinets to be 2.4m. This will leave a small gap between cabinets and ceiling, or will you install a bulkhead as well? A small gap, in my opinion will look unfinished. Cabinets at 2.4 with a bulkhead would look good.

• Renata Silva
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Hi dreamer definitely a bulkhead :) celling is 2.7 so a 30 cm bulkhead:) thank you 🙏 you are always so helpful 💕💕

• Kate
    hace 2 años

Renata if you use the term raised that will simply do that, increasing the gap above bench. I think you mean the height of upper cabinets and tall cabinets increased by 0.15.

• Renata Silva
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

I see , makes total sense Kate. Otherwise if I just raise them , i won’t be able to reach it, right ?! Thank you for pointing that out 🙏

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.