Houzz Logo Print
db_emery

Bathroom layout advice

dB Emery
hace 2 años

Wanting to get some ideas on this rough layout. The placement isn't exact with space between and off the wall etc just a rough idea of where they'll go in the room. I think it'll work well just unsure if I'm missing anything. The bathroom is square with windows all the way along the wall opposite the door.

Comentarios (10)

• bigreader
    hace 2 años

Good work but I’m not sure you have enough space. I’m assuming the little squares are 100mm. The shower is narrow. The towel is in the splash zone and the gap between the bath and screen is tight. Have you compared with your current layout eg shower width and access width to get an idea if it’ll work?

• PRO
    Fresh Ventilation
    hace 2 años

Agree About the splash zone. Maybe if the toilet moved a little to the left the towel rail could go on the door wall?

• dB Emery
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Ok all good points.
    So the shower is 1000mm wide - didn't think that was too narrow because our current shower is less than 900x900?
    The screen is 1200mm long I just put that in there because options were limited in the reece planner so can be shorter to save space between bath and screen.
    The current layout actually has the shower next to the door where the toilet is and the toilet under the window and a big corner bath so it is difficult to get an idea of if it'll work space wise
    I'm not married to towel rail location so can put that elsewhere

• PRO
    Fresh Ventilation
    hace 2 años

I love your window idea. So many bathrooms are too dark.

• dB Emery
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Current layout...
    And the cupboard/store in the hallway will become a WC

• C P
    hace 2 años

I think the way you have designed it the windows are unlikely to be compliantin shower area

• dB Emery
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

@C P thankyou for the tip so the windows in the picture aren't exactly what's there but there is already windows along that whole wall. I've seen a few showers in front of windows in my Google searches so hopefully we can modify them to make them compliant without costing 3874913millionty dollars

• Kate
    hace 2 años

You can have window in shower it just needs to be suitably built for inside and outside exposure. So you will need to budget for replacing it. I would move the door closer to toilet. As door hound be shut when on loo but if you are at the sink you may want to allow someone into bathroom

• oklouise
    hace 2 años
    Última modificación: hace 2 años

my suggestion has a walk in shower and back to wall bath without moving the toilet, vanity, shower or bath location ...biggest challenge would be the floor drainage and make sure that there is a suitable stop to protect the glass screen from the door handle

• design_quest
    hace 2 años

@dB Emery, I am also about to embark on a bathroom reno myself and my plan is similar in some ways to yours as the room has a similar layout. I, too, have the bathroom door in the middle of the wall which I don't like but its not easy to move. My plan is to have the vanity on one side of the door (same as yours) but I am planning to have the shower on the other side of the door. The bathtub will go under the window so when you open the door, you will see the vanity to your right and the freestanding bath right in front but slightly towards the wall that holds the vanity. The toilet will go on the other end where your plan has the bathtub. My thinking was to have a visually open space when you enter the bathroom and the showerscreen, even though it is glass, might visually make the bathroom smaller. I will try to find my plan and post it here. I do have a question about the showescreen. Have you consulted anyone on whether a 1200mm long single pane of glass will prevent water spray outside the shower area?

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.