Houzz Logo Print
webuser_398829749

right curtain height to order

My wall is exactly 95" floor to ceiling. My window trim is 12" below the ceiling. I'm in need of sound reducing curtains and they all come standard sizes (unless I want to pay and arm and a leg). My options are 84" or 95". If I go 84" the curtain would have to hang about 1" above the window moulding for it to kiss the floor. I'm thinking, due to the function of the curtains, that I should go for the full 95" even if it drapes just a little. Is that 12" space above the window going to make them look wrong?

Comentarios (11)

• lkloes
    hace 2 años

I would go with the shorter length. Drapes don’t kiss the floor as nicely on carpet as they do on hardwood.

• Jamie Lee
    hace 2 años

I’d opt for the longer length. Anything shorter than floor to ceiling reminds me of the nerdy kid who wears his pants too short. Lol

• kathylawyer
    hace 2 años

I'd go floor to ceiling as well, Cheers!

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    hace 2 años

95" length. The room will also appear taller.

• Melissa R
    hace 2 años

95" and hang floor to ceiling. You could also buy some hemming tape and hem them a bit shorter but doing floor to ceiling will look good.

• Amy Lynn
    hace 2 años

Definitely 95". Hang the rod just below the ceiling. And, depending on what type you buy, as Melissa said, just use hemming tape to get the right length.

• Melissa R
    hace 2 años

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 2 años

I happen to like grommet drapes they function well and IMO not dated at all depending on the space they are in. I am more interested in drapes that cut noise ? They would need to be very heavy and not at all attractive on that window along with those blinds. I too need a bit more info . Pics of the actual drapes and FYI go full length and you might need to hem a bit . I need to see the room and really I would remove those blinds and do some solar shades so you can at least see outside during the day. You do not even share which room this is in so more info and pics please.

Usuario de Houzz-398829749 agradeció a Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • Usuario de Houzz-398829749
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

• Usuario de Houzz-398829749
    Autor original
    hace 2 años
    Última modificación: hace 2 años

Granted, none are attractive but unfortunately, function outweighs form for me in this case. They‘re really only sound reducing but the walls are paper thin here and I’m going to use them more to reduce interior echo from conversation, drawers closing, etc. They’re going in a bedroom that faces a somewhat busy street. so any and all help is a bonus. They’re also blackout and insulating. The Image is digitized to superimpose different colors. I also selected grommet as they’ll be a little on the heavy side and I’ll be able to open and close them easily.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.