lucyd83

Changing our patio wall tiles - dark or light?

Lucy
hace 3 años

Hello,

As you'll see from the pictures, our split-face patio wall tiles have broken away and need changing. I'm trying to decide on new tiles and whether to go dark or light. We'd like a contemporary look and needs to be in-keeping with the grey fire fit and planters. We have been recommended porcelain but I'm open to advice or ideas.

Also if there are any visualiser apps please let me know!

Thank you

Comentarios (10)

• Lucy
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Forgot to mention that the floor tiles are definitely staying!

• Daisy England
    hace 3 años

Dark would look nice IMO.

• annabellaamy
    hace 3 años

The dark looks great - a nice contrast ! Porcelain although a bit more expensive would be worth it.

• E D
    hace 3 años

Would timber cladding work?

You can then go for a natural (‘warm’ but contemporary) look or paint it any colour you like, when you like.

• User
    hace 3 años

Go for dark tiles suitable for exterior use. Also make sure to use exterior adhesive.

• Carolina
    hace 3 años

I'd need to see more of the house to see what would work with that, really. But how about rendering the walls?

• E D
    hace 3 años

Maybe these ‘Inspo’ photos are of some help.

Wood cladding; stone cladding; render.

• Sonia
    hace 3 años

I would use a similar shade to your patio floor tiles, like E D’s last pic. Dark grey would be depressing in my eyes. 😊

• Amber
    hace 3 años

Would render be a better option then you can paint to suit the trends. Also if tiles are coming loose then MN Aube more wouldn't be so good. We have painted walls and we change the colour every couple of years it's a cheap way to get a fresh new look.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.