Houzz Logo Print
louise_calleja72

The floating deck!

Louise Calleja
hace 3 años
I love the polished concrete floor and have been thinking about doing something like this for our patio which will lead on to a pool area. My concern (and I've read this) is that polished concrete can be very slippery.

How is your floor finished? We have started a large renovation so will have a 27m2 deck/patio. Our other option is tiles.

Thank you
Camberwell Heritage Extension · Más información

Comentario (1)

• PRO
    Architest Pty Ltd
    hace 3 años

Hi Louise,

Thanks for your question. You are right polished concrete can get slippery unless it is sealed with the right product.

A non slip sealer will fix the problem, and to be honest you would probably want to do the same even with pavers or tiles as once wet these can get slippery as well, especially around a pool.

I would have a chat with a couple of polished concrete companies and ask their advise on the proper sealer to use in your specific application.

Thanks

Simon Castle
    Managing Director
    Architest

Louise Calleja agradeció a Architest Pty Ltd
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.