Houzz Logo Print
sherwhy

What material was used for the skirt/slat boards?

sherwhy
hace 3 años
What Material was used for the skirt/slat boards? How wide are they and what size is the gap?
Thank you!
Sometimes Just Keep It Simple · Más información

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    Koncept Design + Build
    hace 3 años

1x6 Smooth PVC Boards. Gaps we usually do are between 1/2" to 3/4". On this project, they are around 3/4". Hope this helps. Thanks for the question.

- Ken

• sherwhy
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thank you Ken for your answers. I live in North West Florida and have a storage room under our piling home with 10ft sections between the boxed columns/pilings. Currently it's framed blowout walls (2x4, 24" OC) with cheap, thin pvc lattice. Do you think the pvc horizontal boards would work for my situation? Did you use Trex decking boards? Have you ever used their wide Fascia boards for slat skirting?

Thank you!

• PRO
    Koncept Design + Build
    hace 3 años

I think they would. I think we just did something similar to a piling home with same application. See attached pictures. We use trex but for this project we used TimberTech. I think you could us the deck boards but would cost more. But if your looking for a specific color instead of white or having to paint, I think they would be a good choice.

• sherwhy
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

The smooth white pvc boards are exactly what I want. What is the brand of this product? Are 2x4's 24 inches apart enough to keep the pvc boards from warping? and what fasteners will prevent the material from cracking when it contracts or expands? I would greatly appreciate some guidance.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.