Houzz Logo Print
lgkirkman

We need advice to choose 3 Pendant lights for kitchen.

lgkirkman
hace 3 años

We have a new house, need Pendant lights above bench top, 3m X 1.2m soft grey/white stone bench top, stainless steel sink & bright white cupboards & drawers. Have 9ft ceilings, polished chrome knobs & handles, its a Hampton/ French Provincial look, with Blackbutt timber floor. We have a few on our short list, happy to change our knobs to black if more suitable.Would really appreciate any

advice.

Comentarios (10)

• sbuckleyirl
    hace 3 años

I've actually taken the island pendants out of our design. We are building too and in the meantime renting where there is an island without lights. I much prefer it due to the things I use the island for. Instead I am downlighting the kitchen. Pendants are pretty to look at but I've realised they are not going to be functional for me.

lgkirkman agradeció a sbuckleyirl
  • julie herbert
    hace 3 años

Love this look, would look beautiful in your kitchen.

lgkirkman agradeció a julie herbert
  • Booking Officer
    hace 3 años

From your photos, I'd choose 3rd photo, chrome finish.

• E Green
    hace 3 años

This one for sure. Would look beautiful with your kitchen.

lgkirkman agradeció a E Green
  • PRO
    Pearl Lighting & Brassware
    hace 3 años

Just a few questions; Will you also be having downlights in your kitchen?

If you are, then your pendants need only be "decorative", rather than functional.

If you're not, then you will want to be sure they are functional primarily for the space.

Bear in mind that "Metal" shades create a focused light downwards and do not provide ambient light.

I have attached a selection of chrome pendants from one of our suppliers that could suit your space beautifully.

What do you think?

• lgkirkman
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Many thanks for your input and constructive comments. Yes, we also have downlights in the kitchen. So we are going for look to achieve a Hampton style. We will probably choose something close to the examples you have supplied. Thanks again.

• lgkirkman
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

We are also thinking that choosing pendants with some black in them may be an option. We would then change our kitchen handles and knobs from polished chrome to black to suit.

What do you think?

• PRO
    Pearl Lighting & Brassware
    hace 3 años

It's a personal choice and depends on the outcome you're after...

Black and White creates a high-contrast look, while the chrome blends in and is more subtle against white.

Many of the lighting options I have posted above come in black or darker tones too.

lgkirkman agradeció a Pearl Lighting & Brassware
  • Austere Hamlet
    hace 3 años

I'd go copper. You already have a very black and white kitchen. A hint of copper would be wonderful in there. Black or chrome are very predictable.

lgkirkman agradeció a Austere Hamlet
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.