Houzz Logo Print
sweetshome

Any ideas for upgrade to a bathroom with a "toilet and shower" only?

sweetshome
hace 4 años

I am changing the door to a pocket door and removing all the tile in the room and plan on just tiling the shower stall and or possibly half of the bottom behind the toilet.

My sink is outside from the shower and toilet.

Ill post pictures....

Decor and floor is closed so I have to order online.

Thanks again.

Comentarios (146)

• sweetshome
    Autor original
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

OkaY so after all the searching, I found the best deal on FaucetDirect. I was told the head tilts like the Brizo. Fingers crossed. The reviews on amazon had me weary because, There was a few people posting the same issue with the vero... I dont know of any other showerheads :-(

Please tell me if the list of things i have would look good based on experience?

Thank you in advance

https://www.faucetdirect.com/delta-dss-vero-1701-monitor-17-series-dual-function-pressure-balanced-shower-system-with-integrated-volume-control-shower-head-and/p2415320?source=gg-gbav2_2415320&source=gg_!c8064936415!a86981565321!k!m!p!dc!ng!f&cawelaid=120135430002092443&gclid=CjwKCAjwwYP2BRBGEiwAkoBpAv_v4uIlDFbdRON5K8ij6tGMorI0ENb3HXUGQli3eMkxE-mC6vNy3hoCs8AQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Gray tile for the toilet area, or should I use a different tile or the tile that is in the shower? Also, should I run this tile to the sink area or leave it in the toilet area?

Tile for shower floor... I showed house today and I was able to feel this tile in person and it felt comfortable. I was afraid it would be lumpy etc, but it wasn't.

Shower wall and niche in the shower

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 3 años

So you'd basically have this

and this faucet.

You have two valves there. remember what I said about mine and being able to use both at once? You have two valves and two rough in parts. can they run simultaneously ?

here's my one rough in valve

for my one unit. the two arrows are for the shower head lever and the handheld lever. both work at once if I want it.

It's also less clutter for the shower wall.

as for your floor tile, do you think that gray striped design in the 12x24 is too busy looking w/the others? what if you did more of a solid, but in a 24x24 or 30x30 tiles? (less grout lines and less looking pattern that the 12x24 would give you)

the black one is a 30x30 ARkim from Tilebar.

this honed black tile is Basalt. I love it on a bathroom floors. comes in all shapes/sizes

below is a 24x24 gray/white tile and a 24x24 white quartz tile

If you want to stay w/the 12x24, what about something like this one

This is a porcelain tile in a charcoal color. no variation. you can see how it looks next to the busier looking shower floor tile.

And make sure you do a white quartz piece for your shower curb. you'll match your marble look tile w/the same white quartz. then take your floor tile on the outside and bring it up underneath to meet the curb top. like shown here^

• sweetshome
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

I like the dark tile that you selected. Yes, I agree the one i picked will be too busy.I like the matt solid one that you have. Is the penny to busy too? with the full black are dark gray floor?

I found these at floor and decor, since I can pick up... will these give me the similar look?

https://www.flooranddecor.com/porcelain-tile/concept-gray-porcelain-tile-100340819.html#prefn1=color&prefv1=Black%7CGray&start=2

https://www.flooranddecor.com/porcelain-tile/resin-antracite-porcelain-tile-100581743.html#prefn1=color&prefv1=Black%7CGray&start=56

the shower handle has a diverter on top and the handle and temperature setting on the bottom. I am able to run it separate or run it together. But its two panels.

There is another one that has it all in one panel which is less components like you said. When I called Delta, they told me that this one is the same as the other one, its just all in one panel and less separate components. The little diverter is on top, but all on the same panel.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Delta-Vero-Venetian-Bronze-1-Handle-Shower-Faucet/4761231

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 3 años

I like that first tile you just posted. I also like it laid in that pattern, rather than the offset. that's why I was pushing for the 24x24. (sometimes you can't lay the 12x24 in that stacked pattern because the middle can bow. you'd have to verify w/the manufacturer. )

I like the penny tile w/your marble. it's nice together.

if you look at Tilebar and their 24x24 or 30x30 tiles, you'll prob find one that's very similar. order some samples

https://tilebar.com/fordham-nero-24-x-24-matte-porcelain-tile.html

I like this one too. (it's mixed here w/the Lines brass inlay tile, otherwise it's just the plain matte black )

https://tilebar.com/lines-black-24x24-matte-porcelain-tile.html

they have this 12x24 matte tile but you can lay it out like this

https://tilebar.com/ec1-industry-concrete-barbican-nero-12x24-matte-porcelain-tile.html

What do you think of this look? Tilebar has these porcelain black marble tiles. they show the back wall of the shower done with it, and the other walls in a white, with a white penny round. (you could do the gray if you like) I like how they continued the penny round throughout the floor, and did the tile along the wall.

This tile is really cool looking. looks real

it comes in a 24x24 too.. This would be so cool in a shower

they also have this porcelain marble look tile. the veining isn't quite so pronounced as the other

https://tilebar.com/marble-tech-bianco-gioia-24x24-polished-porcelain-tile.html

why don't you get some samples of these and look around over there?

• sweetshome
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Just bumping up my entry way in regards to the me just leaving well alone and keeping it open the way it is, or putting some type of door there.

also my width is for the vanity is 41 inche, wall to wall. I have a 36 inch there wit’s a space on each side. more space on the left.

the tile guy ask if I wanna put tile on that wall behind the mirror.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 3 años

i think since it's so small, I'd do tile behind the mirror. you could do the penny round.

do you like this large white tile instead of that marble look one?

https://tilebar.com/lumina-onyx-absolute-24x24-polished-porcelain-tile.html

You pennies look really good with it.

so behind the wall it could look like any of these

this is super cute. see if you can do a wall mount faucet. gives you more counter space

don't do the 4" piece up the back. just do the tile. and get an under-mount sink

you can choose to do the side walls to. go all the way up.

this is a good idea too. only half way up. border it w/a piece of wood molding or marble liner. love the wall mounted faucet idea.

i'd prob do a floating vanity and do the whole back wall. see the grid lines on this one? tell your tile guy you don't want this so make sure he "Staggers" the sheets.

this is how it should look. No grid lines anywhere.

Do the niche like this. use white quartz for the shelves.

• sweetshome
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

I would be furious if my tile comes out with lines 🤦🏽‍♀️. the large white tile is nice

• sweetshome
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Good neWS floor and decor is open!

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 3 años

great! looks good together. why don't you just continue the penny rounds on the floor outside the shower?

Or see if they have some floor tile in that dark gray color

• Nancy in Mich
    hace 3 años

Do you have the expert tile layer lined up to lay all that penny round? It takes someone with penny round experience. You do not want them learning on yours. I believe it is not so much a matter of staggering the tile sheets, but far more a case of being able to get the spacing exactly right. Too close or too far and the grout lines will be wrong and obvious. Getting the variegated colors in the tile sheets does help a bit, but ultimately, the spacing is the key. The grout lines tell the tale! Best of luck with your project.

• sweetshome
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

I saw these tiles while I was there. look below. I was wondering if I should use the same wall tile but in Matt for the floor near the toilet. its 18 square feet (toilet Area)

i wasnt sure if the penny tile would be better.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 3 años

up to you. I think either will work. I like the middle tile, the darker gray.

what you could do is lay that larger tile, and then do a border w/the pennys, or do like a little rug w/the pennys

here's how it would look all over the floor

or just imagine doing the large gray tile, and then to an inset design w/the pennys

or you could just do a ribbon of penny rounds all around the perimeter of the room.

pretend the white is your large gray tiles and the black you're pennies

Grid marks^

and no grid marks.

make sure you tell your tile guy you won't pay if it looks like the 'grid mark' pic

• sweetshome
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

My toilet area is so small, I’ll just lay the penny tile on it now to see what it looks like 😂😂

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 3 años

lol. then just stick w/the penny. no sense going w/a large tile if you're going to have to cut it to pieces!

• sweetshome
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 3 años

I like that. do the white tile on the curb, OR find a nice piece of white or gray quartz and put that on the curb. (you can get the 6" backsplash piece of quartz at any stone place or tile place. the cost is about $60. The tile guy will cut it to fit)

If you use the tile for the curb, you'll have to get an edging piece (otherwise you'll see the raw side of the tile). Try a Schluter Jolly edge or see if your white tile comes in a bullnose. You'll need the bullnose tile (or a liner) for the vertical edging of your tile wall.

Ideally you want it like this. Something w/a rounded edge, or a bullnose edge

Here they used one solid piece for the top.

see how yours is? you have no edging for this tile. and you really don't want grout lines on the curb

metal edging. (you don't have to have it this thick)

Just do the solid piece. like this. run you penny up underneath it. on the inside, run you marble tile up underneath it

• sweetshome
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Do you prefer the wall tile flowing to the tile near toilet and run the penny tile under neath/side of curb or were you saying you like the penny tile On the floor near the tile?

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 3 años

I think I'd keep the penny tile on the toilet side, running up on the curb.

For inside the shower, do the marble tile up under the curb piece. (since on the inside the marble tile will match the wall tile) The INSIDE of the curb section would look like this w/your marble tile up under the curb top.

on the outside of the shower, you won't really have the marble tile anywhere, so doing it under the curb top, against the pennys would look weird.

does that make sense?

• sweetshome
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

I think I have it.

***toilet area***

penny toilet area

run penny on the outside of curb

—-marble on top of curb step—-

***shower floor area***

penny on the shower floor

marble on inside of curb

if i got it right, do I need the jolly for the edge if I have marble?

—FYI the tile wall is 1Porcelain—-

• sweetshome
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

I saw these as visuals for my bathroom door and entry to the niched area.

I currently have a bifold door that I just put up. for my closet space.

Should i put the pocket door for the toilet and shower room... Entry to the niche area... closet door....

These are visuals to areas similar to mine.

Similar to my entry

Similar to my closet

Similar to my closet

Similar to my toilet.shower room

Similar to my entry

Similar to my entry

Similar to my entry

Similar to my entry

• Gcubed
    hace 3 años

Just a reminder that a barn door will not keep noises out so I think it would be fine for the outermost opening, but you probably want a real or pocket door for the toilet area

• sweetshome
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Yes, the pocket door for the toilet room is set. The person will make those changes for sure. What is your input on the entry way?

• sweetshome
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

what size was this shower? i thought mines was too small and was going to get those wooden chairs from homegoods for about $99

• sweetshome
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Any updates on the doors etc. Thanks again,

• Gcubed
    hace 3 años

You don’t have room on either side of your entry area for a barn door (left side has dresser/Tv and right side is too narrow). I’d do a regular door or pocket door there too.

• sweetshome
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Is it better closed or open

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 3 años

f i got it right, do I need the jolly for the edge if I have marble?

No. the setter can polish the edges of the marble so it's finished.

• sweetshome
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thanks!

• sweetshome
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

For the shower door. The guy recommended a glass slide door. Now i have the glass door that swings

• sweetshome
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Do you have any Suggestions for my Shower door?

• sweetshome
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Should I leave the panel and the one swing door?

the wooden door will be a pocket door FYI

• katinparadise
    hace 3 años

If you can, and you like it, I would re-use your door. You can always change the handle to a different color if you want to. Those glass doors can get expensive!

• sweetshome
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thank you . I guess it will be more room now since I have the pocket doors

• dsimber
    hace 3 años

RE: your question about shower-door style, I have had both and much prefer the one that you have. I not only like the look better; they are easier to clean. I may have missed something. Do you need to replace the current panel/door?

• sweetshome
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

What’s the best way to lay my tile on the wall?

• katinparadise
    hace 3 años

I would lay the wall tile in the same pattern as the floor tile-it makes it more cohesive.

• sweetshome
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

I found.a comment From Beth. but I how would the end look if I did it this way?

• sweetshome
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Katie Dan you exiplain what You meant about the floor tile and the wall tile.

i was going to put the same tile as the wall on the Floor near toilet since its only 18 square feet. I got the matte. But it’s white 🤦🏽‍♀️

• sweetshome
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

should I get the regular panel pocket door or the glass fog pocket door?

• sweetshome
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

I am putting up the pocket door and I saw a full slab and i a panel door that has frosted glass.

Which one would look good in my space?

• katinparadise
    hace 3 años

I like a frosted glass door. They let light move through the space while still allowing privacy.

What I mean about the tile is the pattern on the floor tile should be the same as the wall tile. So if you lay the floor tile on a 1/3 offset, you should lay the shower tile the same way. If you stack the floor tile, you should lay the wall tile the same way. The first image is 1/3 offset, the second is stacked.

• sweetshome
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Thank you . I am thinking of getting this for the vanity.. Are these okay?

These are from Wayfair.

• sweetshome
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

I was thinking of painting the niche where the sink is and I have to paint behind the pocket door where the toilet is. ETC

• katinparadise
    hace 3 años

I like the vanity options you've chosen. The door is very pretty and would look great in the space.

• sweetshome
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

And a light gray for the wall in bath?

i wanted to paint the sink niche a different color or just keep it the same as the bath.

• sweetshome
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Was thinking the glacier stream or possibilty

• katinparadise
    hace 3 años

I would wait until all the tile is in and you see it in your lighting before you pick a paint color. You wouldn't want to have to paint twice!

• ljptwt7
    hace 3 años

Decide on Paint when all done.

• sweetshome
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Repose gray and there was one more but I can’t remember the name

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.