Houzz Logo Print
webuser_263008917

cabinet for stacked washer & dryer

Hi, planning on having a washing machine with a dryer stacked on top in our new kitchen. Would like these to be inside a cabinet/cupboard for aesthetic reasons. It doesn’t seem as though you can buy cabinets/cupboards for this purpose and that they need to be bespoke? Seems strange as I know it’s pretty common now, and washer/dryers are standard sizes. Has anyone bought a cabinet/cupboard for this purpose? Would love to know! Thanks!

Comentarios (35)

• Claire Franks
    hace 4 años

Hi, we're planning on doing the same thing in our new kitchen. Some of the kitchen companies we have already spoken to are happy to provide this for us, although the unit needs to be housed in a 700mm cabinet to accommodate the protruding drum. This means that we'll have to bring forward all our other units to sit in line with this as we plan to house the utility cupboard in a bank of floor to ceiling units along one side of the kitchen. Out of the entire new kitchen plan, I think I'm more excited about this part of it. It'll make such a difference not to traipse out to the shed to use the dryer anymore. Good luck with your project!

• Usuario de Houzz-263008917
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thanks so much for your reply! Completely agree about it being an exciting component! Think we’re too space-poor to increase the depth of units for the flush look, but v helpful to know your experience!
    Good luck with yours!

• PRO
    Townhouse Design
    hace 4 años

Hi Claire, we offer this type of cabinet as standard, if you would like to discuss your kitchen project further then get in touch with us direct. We're based in Harrogate and work nationwide.

• PRO
    Townhouse Design
    hace 4 años

I've just specified this type of cabinet for a client who has a utility just below ground level, it now means they can vent their tumble dryer to outside.

• PRO
    Townhouse Design
    hace 4 años

We also offer this cabinet with a slide away door for tight spaces.

• PRO
    Active Builders London ltd
    hace 4 años

Hi, I think another option would be to build housing and then just get matching doors .Should be much cheaper than getting everything bespoke

Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thanks for replies....yes trying to avoid bespoke route so good suggestion!

• Claire Franks
    hace 4 años

Out of interest, where are you planning on getting your kitchen from?

• PRO
    Townhouse Design
    hace 4 años

That solution still requires extra time and labour for the kitchen installer which like bespoke cabinets you pay extra for, the final finish will not be as good either. For those reasons we would always recommend having this type of cabinet built by the kitchen supplier in the workshop.

Autor original
    hace 4 años

Hi Claire, Ikea is the plan. I was thinking I could use one of their cupboards/cabinets but there don’t seem to be any in the right sizes.

Townhouse, thanks and appreciate your comments

• PRO
    OnePlan
    hace 4 años

Neptune do one if you pop into their website and look at laundry rooms ( sorry can’t post link )

Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thanks! I’ve seen they do it as part of an overall kitchen service/fitting but wondered if you can buy them as stand alone furniture items.
    Thanks though! :)

• PRO
    OnePlan
    hace 4 años

I thought you could buy it from Neptune as an individual piece ?

Autor original
    hace 4 años

I’d be delighted if you could! I did have a look but couldn’t see that as an option :)

• PRO
    Schmidt Bristol
    hace 4 años

Small Urban Kitchen · Más información

Cabinets are practical and create a great feature. Check out our projects for ideas.

• PRO
    Lifestyle Kitchens
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

I don't think Ikea would be any good for something like this, you need a wider cabinet than 600 to fit freestanding inside and it also has to be deeper, also with the amount of holes in an ikea side panel i doubt its strong enough LOL.

You'll also be limited to any door suppliers as well as Ikea have their own sizes.

I'd suggest looking for a 700 or 800 wide larder and made extra deep, this will give enough room for hinges on both sides and you can use 350 or 400 wide standard doors.

There are made to measure doors that you can consider which would allow for a 670 ish wide larder and then its just hinged on one side.

We made this for a customer but it was a custome made cabinet that wasn't to expensive but the bespoke single door wasn't cheap. The cabinet was made as extra tall at 2150mm and 700 wide but extra deep at 700mm but the bespoke door was specially made and measured 2146mmx696 a single solid door as space was limited in their utility.

Mr and Mrs S Marpatt Marlow In Frame Bespoke Kitchen in London · Más información

Mr and Mrs S Marpatt Marlow In Frame Bespoke Kitchen in London · Más información

Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thanks!

• Sailendra Wadhwani
    hace 3 años

I am in similar boat and looking for cabinet with door around stacked washing machine and dryer. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. thanks

• Daisy England
    hace 3 años

Wow, that’s expensive.

Autor original
    hace 3 años

Hi, I started this thread originally....if of any help, our builders ended up putting together one for us - we have an IKEA kitchen and have a run of their tall cupboards along one wall. As they’re only 60cm deep, we’ve used integrated machines to fit inside, however, if we had had more space I’d have definitely gone for freestanding (and pushed all the cupboards forward to make them flush) as trying to find a decent integrated dryer is nigh on impossible.

Hope that helps, feel free to ask me any Qs if you’re aiming for something similar :)

Autor original
    hace 3 años

And yes - definitely cheaper than the above cupboards (even though they do look fab)!

• Sailendra Wadhwani
    hace 3 años

Thanks. I have bought a free standing dryer and have staked it above the washing machine. Do you mind sharing picture of your final finish. I have installed it in downstairs wC (see below). and it had pipe etc at the back so will need to find a cabinet which is deeper than standard kitchen cabinet so thinking of bringing standing standard cabinet forward and add a plinth / end panel at the back to fill the gap.

• Sailendra Wadhwani
    hace 3 años

What I need to understand if a standard fridge fridge unit will do the job.

• Daisy England
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

As you say you will need a deeper cabinet to allow for pipework. My post towards the top of the page shows mine and they are deeper than normal. Mine also has a solid piece of worktop between each appliance as tumble dryers can sometimes move due partly to movement from the washing machine underneath so this is something I’d recommend too.

Find a local kitchen cabinet company or fitter who can make a deeper Carcase. It‘s easily made.

If you click on my images to enlarge them it will give you a clearer idea.

• Sailendra Wadhwani
    hace 3 años

Thanks a ton.

• PRO
    Lifestyle Kitchens
    hace 3 años

Sailendra

An integrated fridge freezer appliance is only about 540 wide so it fits inside a 600 wide cabinet (which has a 564mm internal gap), your washing machine or dryer are 595 wide so you can't use a standard appliance tower and 600 wide doors.

• Sailendra Wadhwani
    hace 3 años

Thanks. Appreciate your insight on this matter. Any other suggestion you have apart from custom route which is costing me. £600

• PRO
    OnePlan
    hace 3 años

Crown imperial kitchens now do a specific cabinet ( don’t know much about it - but saw on in an advert in a kitchen trade publication,) so maybe look for a Crown kitchen dealer ??

• Daisy England
    hace 3 años

Crown is expensive. Nice but not cheap.

• Usuario de Houzz-933688831
    hace 2 años

Saliendra Wadhwani did you manage to find some for your machines? We want to do exactly the same but finding it hard because of the pipes behind the washing machine.

• Claire Franks
    hace 2 años

I’ve recently found this which I thought may be helpful as we’d like to do similar. It’s Howdens hacks.

• Usuario de Houzz-933688831
    hace 2 años

I will definitely look into this. we dont have space for a cupboard though just literally want a surround for the machines to make it look nicer. Im happy to not have doors on it too.

• Angie MB
    hace 2 años

I am planning to do the same. The only company I could find was in Europe. https://washtower.com/cabinet/Washtower-Tumble-Dryer-on-Washing-Machine-Cupboard

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.