Houzz Logo Print
phillippa41

Concealed Door

Lake House design
hace 4 años
Can you tell me if there are purpose designed fittings for creating concealed doors of this type? Thank you
Devon Farmhouse · Más información

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    Woodford Architecture and Interiors
    hace 4 años

Dear Lake House Design,

We have used both floor springs and piano hinges on projects, both work, this project was a floor spring.

Floor springs require a bit more forward thinking as they need to be installed in the floor in advance of receiving the door, they quite often need adjusting once the doors settle into place. The doors with books on are fairly obviously very heavy so your floor, surrounding struture and floor spring needs to be robust.

Piano hinges, are a bit less sophisticated but they also work too.

I hope that is helpful, if it is please be kind enough to give us a quick review.

Best wishes Gavin

Woodford Architecture and Interiors

• PRO
    Lake House design
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Hugely helpful — very many thanks!

Phillippa

• Teresa Martini
    hace 2 años

Hi, where can I buy ready-to-install hidden doors in the UK? If a door opens into a bathroom, how can I have both a hidden door that is also soundproof? Many thanks!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.