Houzz Logo Print
e_a__sharpe

Kitchen nightmare / extension ideas

Eleanor Alexander
hace 4 años
última modificación:hace 4 años

Hi, I'm looking to renovate our kitchen. Have been playing with too many ideas since we've moved in.

We can create a small side extension or big extension at the back, big garden. I like the idea of having separate dining/study. Would also like to allow as much light in as possible. Garden is facing east. Windows and doors in the kitchen can be changed.

Comentarios (3)

• Jonathan
    hace 4 años

If it were me I would be looking to extend to the side in order to make the space wider - if you could get the width of the kitchen to 3.6m or bigger it could accommodate an island.

Eleanor Alexander agradeció a Jonathan
  • PRO
    Frome Interiors
    hace 4 años

Hello, It looks like you have a good space to work with but the layout isn't working for you at the moment. A side extension could be a good affordable option as it would mean you can increase the size of the kitchen with the minimum amount of building work. A large rear extension would give you lots more options for re-configuring the space but the only thing to consider is that sometimes it can make the middle of the house dark, you would need to bring light into the space through some roof lights or plenty of glazing. Have you consulted a professional architectural designer or builder? It may come under permitted development but it would still be beneficial to pay a professional to help you visualise some different options and provide drawings for pricing. This is an extension we designed and fitted out on the rear of a property. The client wanted to create a large social family space but retain a seperate dining and living room.

Shearwater Kitchen · Más información

Shearwater Kitchen · Más información

Eleanor Alexander agradeció a Frome Interiors
  • Eleanor Alexander
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thank you for the input. Side extension would probably be best as otherwise the existing kitchen would turn into a corridor if not careful. Already have that issue as the units by the window on the side have no connection to the rest of the kitchen. They tend to become a dumping ground. Another idea I had was to incorporate part of the lounge into the kitchen and centralise the new kitchen to make use of those barely used units by the window on the side. The old kitchen facing the garden could then become a seating area. At the moment if I'm cooking I'm a long way from the table.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.