Houzz Logo Print
webuser_142611877

Paint & render advice for front of my house

Paula Harvey
hace 4 años

I am just in the process of having my windows & door replaced to anthracite grey, the issue we have is that our bay windows are slightly odd in the fact they are 5 individual panes of glass surrounded by a coloured concrete. We will be getting the pebble das removed and rendered, although I honestly have no idea what colour to choose. The current colour is awful and all other houses down my street are different. Any advice will help - attached is what they like looked like before (we had to change the windows as they were so old & letting in so much draft)

Comentarios (8)

• Jonathan
    hace 4 años

Make a decision on the render after you have put in the windows. If the only think wrong with the pebbledash is the colour then consider painting it.
    If you haven’t ordered the windows yet the thing to concentrate on is less the colour and more the style of windows. If you go too plain on this house you might regret it

• Paula Harvey
    Autor original
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

The windows are being finished off on Monday & I think I’ll do what you suggest. I’ll wait for the bottom bay to be put in & then make a decision. As for the pebble dashing this is something we want rid of, as I can’t stand it. I’ve just never seen bay windows before like the ones we have that’s all. Thanks for the advice

• PRO
    KMI London Ltd
    hace 4 años

You have done a good choice with the grey windows as this is something really modern these days. They usually stay really nice with very light grey or white walls. You can also add two way wall lights as a feature.

• Kazza None
    hace 4 años

The bays windows you have there with the stone bays account for probably 85% of the bay windows I've ever seen, so certainly not unusual in the country, although obviously unusual in the area you live.

• Kazza None
    hace 4 años

I've looked locally for similar houses with anthracite windows. I've seen them in the flesh but can't find any photo examples. I found this one which I know isn't what you plan to do, but I like what they've done with it.

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    hace 4 años

Light gray with anthracite gray would look good.

• Ellie
    hace 4 años

Do you have updated pics with the new windows in? I think the windows alone will make a difference and then you can decide colour or whatever.

Oh, and I dont think there is anything wrong with pebble dash! We have it all round our bungalow, we just had the back finished with sliding doors added and it was finished with pebble dash to match the existing - I know it sounds awful to some but it looks good.

Also, I would avoid the grey. For me, internal walls are ok painted grey, walls easy enough to paint again when sick of the grey, but outside on your whole house is not an easy job to re-do in a couple years.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.