Houzz Logo Print
mym3000

Need help finding a backsplash that would accent my granite countertop

mym3000
hace 10 años
última modificación:hace 10 años
My granite counter tops are a mix of beige, brown, and a little of black. I don't know if I should go with a plain colored backsplash like beige or if I can pick a busy backsplash. A suggestion of tiles for the floor would be appreciated too. I don't want a light color for the floor though. Feel free to post pix of any suggestions. Thanks :)

Comentarios (20)

• Nancy Travisinteriors
    hace 10 años
    Glass tile long not mosaic . Go colors from granite, gold, black, gray some stainless.
  • mym3000
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    So Feeny, do you think this one would go nice with it?
  • creeser
    hace 10 años
    I agree with feeny. I do see glass tiles like your second and third choice mixed with your granite (which is like mine, btw), but it gets a little busy. I'd go with something more simple like your first choice and a hardwood floor in the kitchen. What color are your cabinets?
    mym3000 agradeció a creeser
  • mym3000
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    These are my cabinets.
  • feeny
    hace 10 años
    If I'm choosing between the three tiles you've included in photos, the first one would definitely be my choice as it has the lowest contrast and thus is the least busy. If it were my kitchen, however, I'd go even simpler with just one color for the backsplash.
    mym3000 agradeció a feeny
  • Amy Thompson
    hace 10 años
    It seems like you like the sticks look at the pearl beach I found. What color are your cabinets?
  • creeser
    hace 10 años
    Do you have hardwood floors in the rest of your house? If so, I'd match those up and do them in the kitchen as well.
  • mym3000
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    I just bought this house. It needs a lot of work. And yes I want to install hardwood floors for the rest of the house.
  • creeser
    hace 10 años
    Then run the same hardwood through the kitchen as well. It'll look great.
  • mym3000
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Should I go with the light or dark grout for the backsplash?
  • creeser
    hace 10 años
    Light. If you go with the first tile, use a cream grout.
  • creeser
    hace 10 años
    ... and be sure to seal the grout so that grease doesn't discolor it.
  • danals
    hace 10 años
    I would do a larger tile maybe 3 x 12 in a plain colour so it doesn't compete with your granite.
  • aimster7
    hace 10 años
    I had similar granite in last house and had subway stone. Very plain and lovely. Hardwood floors were also in kitchen.
  • michelleva88
    hace 10 años
    I have a very similar granite countertop. I installed a stone backsplash with brown and tan color. The tile floor is a similar tan color.
  • PRO
    Atlantic Stone
    hace 10 años
    I'd recommend 3x6 subway tile. Creamy off white. The thin mosaic is going to be too busy, and that style isn't going to be relevant in a year, but the humble subway tile has stood the test of time. Classic and clean.
  • creeser
    hace 10 años
    Atlantic Stone brings up a good point about the style becoming dated. We didn't use a backsplash in our new house and I like the look.
    [houzz=
    Lionsquare Vail Remodel · Más información
    ]
    [houzz=
    Teri Turan · Más información
    ][houzz=
    Traditional Kitchen · Más información
    ]
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    hace 10 años
    I agree you don't have to go backsplash.
  • PRO
    Dutchess County Tile
    hace 9 años
    check out my back splash page for ideas, good luck with your project
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.