Houzz Logo Print
beachkate1969

Size of pulls for kitchen drawers.

beachkate1969
hace 4 años

Our kitchen remodel is almost complete and I need to make a final decision about the cabinet hardware. I plan on using Honey Bronze Top Knob Kent knobs for the doors and Honey Bronze Top Knob 5 1/16” Oculus Oval pulls for the 18 1/2” wide drawers.
Here is my dilemma, should I use 5 1/16” or a 6 5/16” Oculus Oval pulls for the 30” and 33” drawers?

Comentarios (11)

• beachkate1969
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

More pictures of the kitchen design.

• Audrey
    hace 4 años

following, I have the same question in our new build

• calidesign
    hace 4 años

I would use the same size pulls as your smaller drawers, but use two of them on the long drawers - especially if the drawers are deep.

Willis Kitchen 5 · Más información

• acm
    hace 4 años

agree with calidesign.

• PRO
    LeMaster Architects
    hace 4 años

Larger pulls, in general, look nice on larger doors (I agree with the 1/3 rule). However, I don't think there is a significant enough difference between the 5 1/16" and the 6 5/16" to warrant using different sizing in this case. I agree with calidesign's suggestion - or just have the pulls all the same.

• PRO
    Martha de la Uz - Closet Factory Miami
    hace 4 años

I would go with the larger pulls and any drawer over 30" use 2 pulls.

• PRO
    Anglophilia
    hace 4 años

I like using the same size pulls on all drawers, and a single pull, even on a very wide (36") drawer. I also prefer to have a slab for the top drawer with shaker cabinets, as there is really not much room for anything when it is paneled. I would most likely choose a 4.5-5" pull and use it on all of your drawers/cabinets.

• artistsharonva
    hace 4 años

Buy a few samples to see them held up to the cabinet & test quality.

Then buy your favorite in confidence.

• jillybean103
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

I used bar pulls on everything....skipped the little knobs. The bar pulls look great and contemporary.

For your sample style, I like the longer 6 5/16” on everything including the drawers. If better, you could use the shorter ones in tandem on the wide drawers, but look at it. Even better would be a longer pull on the wide drawers like 8" or whatever. My thing is that the lowers should not be shorter than the uppers. The same or longer on the lowers. If you do double on the lower drawers, then that will also work even if you use the smaller ones because it will read longer than the uppers. After researching this, it is 100% personal preference and no rules.

• RedRyder
    hace 4 años

I prefer one pull, centered, for all lower drawers so I have 8” pulls on 36” drawers. Smaller drawers have 5”. If you prefer just one size pull, use two of the smaller ones. I don’t like needing to use both hands to open the heavier drawers. And I have almost exactly the same handle and knobs, but in ORB.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.