Houzz Logo Print
j_may1

Kitchen paint colour help

Heidi
hace 4 años

We finally have a finished kitchen diner but now cant decide on what colour to paint the walls.
The units are a matt dove grey with a navy island and white quartz worktops with little grey flecks.
The floor is now oak throughout and I've got wooden chopping boards and bits out, too.
I was thinking of painting the walls a light pale grey but all.the many sample pots are just not right! They are too dull, too green or end up cream.
It's a large south facing room with French doors so lots of light.
I was thinking of just taking a door to my local paint shop and asking them to mix a lighter version of the grey cupboards but before I get yet more samples wanted to ask advice from those with more knowledge and a better eye for design than me!

Comentarios (11)

• Heidi
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

• PRO
    OnePlan
    hace 4 años

Have you tried strong white, ammonite (warmer)or Blackened (cooler )by F&B ? Your cat looks impressed that they match the cooker hood !

• Ellie
    hace 4 años

I would wait til the floor is down to then decide on wall colour.....

• Heidi
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

I did get colour matches made of those f&b colours but they seemed too yellow or green in the room (my decorator isn't a fan of f&b paint!)

the floor is now oak

hmmm I was.pinning my Hope's.on f&b as their colours are lovely. Just need to decide whether to go lighter and barely there or deeper on the walls...

• Sonia
    hace 4 años

Dulux Polished Pebble? Nice pale grey. Second time I’ve recommended this shade today! My friend has it in her sitting room.

• PRO
    At No 19
    hace 4 años

You could try either ’Timeless’ from Dulux as it tends to reflect the colours around it, or alternatively Cotton I or ll from Paint & Paper Library.

• PRO
    Schmidt Dorking
    hace 4 años

It is good to consider what is going on the other side. But overall grey is the best choice, you could always make it textured with two different greys or even just one. The suggested greys above are lovely. Good luck :)

• PRO
    Valiant Design
    hace 4 años

I would definitely go white! You've got great texture and color already with the elements you have listed for the room. Let the white be a striking backdrop for the stars of the show. From the picture you posted the cabinets look like a white-ish color. So having a bright white wall will show off the lovely grey tone of the cabinet with some much needed contrast. I recommend Sherwin Williams High Reflective White, SW7757. It is the truest of white with no tint of green, yellow or pink. Just an impressive white. :)

I wish you success on your fun project!

• tatatatao
    hace 4 años

i know this doesn't help, but I think the kitchen looks fab!

• Heidi
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

thank you all, I now have another few samples on their way!
    although I'm now.in trouble with the husband as I love the paint and paper colours - beautiful and I may have started to choose living room colours! Must finish the kitchen first!

Love peignior but.it doesn't work with the navy island. But I now have it earmarked for a bedroom.....

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.