Houzz Logo Print
c1l2b3c4

Help me decode on hardware please!!

hace 10 años
The brushed pull is standard and only comes in this size and the polished comes in different sizes! We are going for a farmhouse look. I am torn. I think brushed nickel one, but kitchen designer thinks polished one. What do you think???

Comentarios (31)

• PRO
    hace 10 años
    Polished
  • hace 10 años
    polished
  • hace 10 años
    I like brushed. :)
  • hace 10 años
    the polished looks more elegant ... brushed looks more rustic/farmhouse. Both would look nice.
  • hace 10 años
    Faucet is polished and appliances are stainless so both areas are covered! Yes, I agree with the polished/elegant and farm/rustic! Keep flip flopping! Keep those thoughts/ opinions coming!! Thank you so much!
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    If you can't decide then put brushed nickel in your laundry room and polished in the kitchen, or some other division like that.
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    loved brushed! My advice when picking hardware is to always match your faucet. Your appliances can change..plus I personally love the classic/rustic look. Good luck on choosing! Either way both will look fabulous!
  • hace 10 años
    polished..
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    I'm on a different path. I think I'd like brushed copper or antique brown/bronze with your style. I think the others are too contemporary.You can mix hardware finishes in a room, as long as there are at least two areas of the same finish. Sink and cabinets. Chandelier and lighting can be different. Other rooms can be individual. You would have to be comfortable with the mix. Some like to have everything match. All work.
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    Think about what you have for a back splash too. Your elements should play well together.
  • hace 10 años
    Backsplash is a grey subway tile and also some wainscotting. Lighting fixture is polished and sink is rohl white farm sink! Oy!
  • hace 10 años
    Here are some more photos of the room!
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    Polished
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    I think that inasmuch as the style of your pulls is traditional, the polished look will be a nice compromise.
  • hace 10 años
    Also this
  • hace 10 años
    since you have some large drawers, having the option for different sizes of the same style would be nice....hence the polished.
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    Don't forget the warm browns in the flooring. That was part of my cue.
  • hace 10 años
    Brush nickel not really farm house lok. Go a bronze
  • hace 10 años
    Polished nickel is the way to go.
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    I am inclined to lean towards a larger handle with a better contrast for farmhouse...the polished seems too small in scale for the style of cabinets...however the brushed does seem to contrast better than the polished. I would like to see a rubbed oil bronze option or a weathered pewter.
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    I like rubbed oil finish also
  • hace 10 años
    Consider a more substantial handle - the one in your hand is too diminutive for the cabinet. Get one that is thicker and more squared off. Polished nickel - matching faucet. Good luck!
  • hace 10 años
    Polished definitely gives your cabinets a more elegant look. They're the clear winners to me!
  • hace 10 años
    I have to have an answer this am. It really is either the polished or brushed although I too love oil rubbed bronze!
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    Good luck, it is a difficult decision. What does your instinct tell you?
  • hace 10 años
    My instinct says brushed, but everyone (or mostly) is saying polished.
  • hace 10 años
    I vote brushed, but really either works
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    Polished has a slight more edge to contemporary. Brushed doesn't make as strong a statement to contemporary between these two choices. Both are contemporary and modern.
  • hace 10 años
    We chose brushed just because I liked it more. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. Do you simply like one more than the other?
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.