Houzz Logo Print
harrisfamily148

vertical garden

Cheryl Harris
hace 4 años

Just wanting a few ideas for a vertical garden outside a dining room window. We have a high timber fence which has the western sun beating down on the outside of it in the afternoon. What plants would survive on the inside of the fence in the Queensland heat - we live in Brisbane. I just would

like to look out at greenery instead of a timber fence. Any suggestions would be very welcome. Thank you in advance. Cheryl H

Comentarios (5)

• julie herbert
    hace 4 años
    Hi Cheryl, researching plants that thrive in your area will guarantee success, you can buy kits to set up your vertical wall, add a watering system , feed with liquid fertiliser and keep well watered at all times or you could put up shelves on your fence to add pots of trailing plants or be creative and do a real design feature.
  • Cheryl Harris
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thank you so much Julie. I knew about the kits, but didn‘t even think about shelves. Great idea. Thanks again, Cheryl

• PRO
    Cityscapes Pools & Landscapes
    hace 4 años

Hi Cheryl,

What about using Succulents in your vertical garden?

Succulents are ideal for areas that are very hot and receive direct western sun in Queensland. They will have the best chance for survival.

Some suggestion for plant species to use:

Aptenia cordifolia

Rhoeo Hawaiian Dwarf

Echevaria Species – Assorted colours and varieties

Sedum Species – Assorted colours and varieties

Senecio Varieties- blue chalksticks

Plant in group plantings to give a bigger impact

This video may help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHLyfp8PZ8k

From Alison

Lead Designer @ CityscapesPoolsandLandscapes

• Cheryl Harris
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thanks Alison, great video. I’ve never been a huge fan of succulents, but the picture frame looked great. I will try that along with a few other things. Many thanks for your ideas, it’s been a big help. Cheryl

• PRO
    Cityscapes Pools & Landscapes
    hace 4 años

Best of luck with it :)

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.